Middle Back Muscle...one larger than the oher

Options
So I took a picture of me flexing my back today and I notice a huge differnce with one of my muscles. I'm not exactly sure if it's the rhomboid major or not but take a look at the middle right side of my back, That muscle is way more prominent on my right side than my left. It looks like I don't even have it on my left side : ( I know that the right side of my body is going to be more dominant because I am right handed and do everything right handed but I feel like it shouldn't be this drastic. The type of work I do I am constantly using my right arm/hand and I get a lot of tension where that muscle is because of the position I have to hold my arm. If anyone can give me tips on how to fix this that would be awesome!

Picture is seen below...thanks to jayche!

Replies

• xoSugarPlumxo
    xoSugarPlumxo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    oops I need to figure out how to make the pic smaller
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    That would be your trapezius, I have the same issue, I'm fairly convinced my imbalance is due to genetics (muscle shape) since I pull evenly and do plenty of unilateral movements (my left side is actually stronger than my right).

32677001_6187.jpg
  • xoSugarPlumxo
    Options
    Wow ok glad to see I am not the only one lol it's crazy! I feel like I do things evenly as well...besides my work lol but thank you for posting your pic!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    8372105204_56bd598443.jpg
    Took the liberty to resize the picture for you, hope you don't mind.
    And yeah don't worry you're definitely not alone with this lol
  • xoSugarPlumxo
    Options
    Thanks lol I appreciate it....been trying to figure out how to resize it and wasn't able to lol
  • jrenfro59
    Options
    Hi xoSugarPlumxo,

I know it's been awhile since you first posted this, but I have the same situation and wonder if you have any additional information to share. Are you aware of other conditions that this may lead too such as high blood pressure? Have you tried to resolve it with manipulation such as chiropractic treatment? Thanks for your post?