Oh no!

Options
My office is such a contradiction. On the one hand we're having a weight loss competition and all participants (myself included) get a free gym membership for the duration.

On the other hand, there is a cookie cake on its way here for another employee's birthday.

ACK!

Replies

• learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Check the calories in a slice or piece of that cake!

well...this sounds like the dilema I had last night...My hubby brought home a box of 6 big cinnabons and ate one right infront of me. I'm like this cannot be...but I was a trooper didn't eat any...after looking up the calories (730 :noway: ) I had no problem by passing it. I LOVE CINNABONS TOO....whoa I feel better getting that off my chest.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Yeh, at first I calmly thought, "surely I can fit in just a little sliver," but then checking a variety of chocolate chip cookie cakes on the database I found that one slice was more than 300 calories and at least as many carbs! Pretty easy to pass on cake when you realize it's more calories than the dinner you are planning for the night! (I say that because the cake is not here yet, lol.)

Gotta be strong...
  • kaydtc
    kaydtc Posts: 48
    Options
    You can do it girl!!! Just think of all the hard work you've put in .... :smile:
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did that with girl scout cookies yesterday, I was giving the kids some and was going to have a couple too, but flipped the box around and looked at the calories and put the box away. I was not going to waste 160 calories on a couple of little cookies! It is amazing how just looking first will change how much you eat of something if any of it. When I don't check first I will go way overboard and not even think twice.
  • jsturman
    jsturman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ediblearrangements.com is a much healthier option for celebrating birthdays, etc., in the office! Check it out.................:tongue:
  • learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ediblearrangements.com is a much healthier option for celebrating birthdays, etc., in the office! Check it out.................:tongue:

I agree!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options

OMG, these look arrangements look good! Sadly, I can only get the boxes of chocolate dipped fruit, but I won't complain about that!

Mmmmm.....