Working mom and husband works out of town

Options
Hi, I don't know if any one else has a situation like this ( ours is not by choice) my husband works out of town during the week, I am an elementary teacher and have three teenagers. There is a lot of stress that comes with this and I am choosing to not let food comfort me anymore. I am logging everything I eat but find it extremely hard to find time to exercise. Would love to have encouraging friends.

Replies

• wendydav3
    Options
    Hi, I am a preschool teacher. I love the work but know the stress and long hours makes it really difficult to get that exercise in. I was waking up about 4:30 every morning to do my workout (most days a Tae Bo dvd) for about 30 minutes. I have one teenage son and he is a handful. I could not imagine 3! Please feel free to add me. I have been on mfp for about 8 months. I have lost about 76 lbs so far. I still have a little ways to go but I am going to make it. Each day is a climb and at the end if feels like I've conquered a mountain lol. Welcome to MFP
  • twojcik73
    Options
    My wife teaches 3rd grade and several teachers from her school have bonded together to do a mini-bootcamp thing. It seems to work well for them!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Not to sounds harsh but there are many people out there that have very busy lives. I am a single mother of a 4 year old and I work full time. You make time to exercise if its important to you. There are many different things you can do including breaking up your exercise throughout the day. 10 minutes here, 5 minutes there ect. Trust me its possible.
  • LMartinov
    LMartinov Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband also works out of town. Challenging for lots of reasons, but I am truly grateful for his job.
    He is doing what he loves and providing for us. It makes for interesting challenges though. I find our eating
    Habits are naturally very different from one another's. plus switching back & forth some when he IS home...
    I am not working outside the home right now, but have 2 young kids that keep me busy full-time :)
  • Fatsotubs
    Fatsotubs Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My husband works away a lot and we have two children aged 10 and 9. I work as a Teaching Assistant at their school and I am studying for my Level 3 qualification. As yet I haven't done much exercise but I used to get up at 6am and do a fitness DVD which I intend to start doing.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    you tube has a befit channel. see if there is an exercise that s
    uits you there