Carb Cycling Diet- has anyone tried it? Success? Fail?

Options
I'm thinking about doing the carb cycling diet by Chris Powell. Does anyone know anything about it?

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I did carb cycling. fail. epic fail. im hypoglycemic. 56 days in ans i almost got hospitalized.

:( was no bueno.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs and I cycle.

It's working well so far.
  • stacyfalcone76
    Options
    I'm doing it right now. I don't weigh myself but I feel no change in my body or how clothes fit. I follow it pretty close too. Maybe I need to give it some more time.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I lost weight (2 1/2 lbs avg per week) carb cycling. I received some good advice on one of these postings to only have 2 cycles...low and high per week. I had 3. It made everything simple and I took off!!!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    BTW I wasn't using Chris Powells method...haven't read the book, but body building sites are full of great info. Body builders want to cut fat and not muscle so they are incredibly smart in how they approach nutrition and cutting weight with carb cycling.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    On carb cycling I lost 1-2 lbs every week. There wasn't a week where I didn't lose. Worked perfect form me.
  • rlotze
    rlotze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    But if you lose 1-2 pounds a week, that doesn't seem any different than eating what you want and watching the calories.
    I was contemplating that same program too.
    But if it's just 1-2 lbs, I don't see that it's worth it. :(