Guilty as charged!

Options
Anybody ever feel guilty for eating all their calories?

Replies

• med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    No way! I savor every one :-)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Definitely not!!
  • camaraden
    camaraden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I consider it a challenge to see how close to the line in can get without going over.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I feel bad when I don't eat all my calories.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I try really really hard to!
  • locoducky
    locoducky Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, yeah, I do feel guilty. I guess I feel that if I ate all my calories for that day, I could have done a little better and stayed under my calories more to help myself even more. :)
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    hell no.

Guilt is for wusses.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Nope! I eat my exercise cals, too. I earned them, and I'll enjoy them. :)
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not guilty as such but I don't like eating them all just in case I get hungry later & wish I had some left.
    Has been a year and so far I've never needed those 'spare' cal's but that's probably because I know they're there if I want them and that, in a reverse psychology kinda way I guess, stops me using them.
    It's a head thing.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Not in the least. Sometimes I even eat more...don't feel guilty about that either.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No, not feeling guilty or stressed.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    that is called an eating disorder.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Not really.

I struggle to get to my calorie goal though, but it's about 2700-2900 calories per day now.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't feel guilty for eating my calories. I'm not scared to eat either...as in..I'm not stressing on hoarding my calories "just in case" or feeling bad for that candy bar.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

I used to in the very beginning. But not any more. I mean, I am eating at a 25% calorie deficit in reference to my TDEE. So if I eat LESS than all my calories, the deficit is closer to 30% which is too high of a deficit to safely lose weight.

But when I was a beginner at all this back when I was obese, I was all like "Oh crap, I shouldn't have eaten that much cause I'm gong to get fatter." Logic wasn't my biggest thing back then, lol.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    that is called an eating disorder.
    Pretty much. Why would you feel guilty for eating the number of calories you are supposed to be eating? That doesn't make any rational sense.
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I feel bad if I've wasted them on crap rather than nice healthy stuff, but not for eating the amount set out. I see it as a target to hit rather than something to eat under.
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options

I guess there aren't very many of us that do feel guilty about it, but yes i sometimes do. i know i am allowed a certain amount and i should use them, but i always tend to try and leave some, if i don't i want to exercise to give myself extra...i am working on not worrying about it so much tho.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I like to keep a few left for "just in case" at end of day. I don't feel too bad being plus/minus 100 cal., but no more!!!