Newish

Options
Flyer69
Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
I am trying to go on a journey of weightloss, have started many times before but always seem to have fallen by the wayside. However at 57 I have to be serious as I am now borderline diabetic and don't want to go on any pills or medication. Also had major surgery this year but all seems well.
I started just before Xmas and set myself up for fail I gues but surprisngly I have not. Joined a gym and I am going every day and found out about MFP in the local news paper. It makes sense to see what is going in and what you need to do to loose weight.
I have lofty goals and have lost 5kg since Xmas and 10 kg since a year ago. However my minigoal is an other 10kg and my dream would be 20kg. That is going tyo be a long journey but I am willing that I will finally succeed.
Wishing everyone strength in their own battles of the bulge. :-)

Replies

• Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I think you are in the right place!! I am new here too but am very hopeful that this will be the motivation I need to get rid of this weight. I am the same age as you and I find that the weight doesn't come off as quickly as it did in the past. You are doing great at the gym!!! I hope you get to that 20kg goal!!
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Last night we were at a friends place, it the food and alcohol flowed freely, I had a good time and felt I deserved it. Worked harder at the gym and was happy it did not do damage on the scales. :-) been a good boy today!
  • Lorra32
    Options
    Sounds like your doing really well. Keep up the good work and there's nothing wrong with indulging occasionally when your lifestyle is usually healthy. Feel free to add if you would like encouragement. My husband is doing this with me and I know he finds it much harder. Keep going!
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You are doing the right thing to reward yourself because you have been doing so great and being so disciplined!! Good sign that you confessed, too :)