Introduce Yourself

Options
I have been struggling with my weight all my life. I have decided its time to make a change. I am new to the site and terrified that this wont work. I have dedicated myself to making sure that I stay withing my calorie range and hoping to see results. So far I do not notice a difference but I have only been doing this since 12/31/2102. I have not yet weighed myself because I am afraid to look at the scale. Seeing that I have gained weight would be devistating. I am really trying to stay motivated and work hard to meet my goal. Any motivational words out there?

Replies

• kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Steph! I joined October 1st and have lost 28 lbs since then by just changing the way I eat. Hardly any exercise. Tracking really works and it makes the most sense to me because its sustainable for the long haul. One piece of advice I'd like to offer is to track every single bite that goes into your mouth. Even if you have a bad day, TRACK IT. And don't throw in the towel if you have a bad day. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and begin again. Nobody is perfect. And remember, slow and steady wins the race. See you around!
    Kay
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Steph! I joined October 1st and have lost 28 lbs since then by just changing the way I eat. Hardly any exercise. Tracking really works and it makes the most sense to me because its sustainable for the long haul. One piece of advice I'd like to offer is to track every single bite that goes into your mouth. Even if you have a bad day, TRACK IT. And don't throw in the towel if you have a bad day. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and begin again. Nobody is perfect. And remember, slow and steady wins the race. See you around!
    Kay
    :bigsmile: Well said-WW life-timer here day 7-am also afraid to hit scales this wkend-I KNOW I HIT THE FOOD ON TARGET-not too good with the water-but hay its freezing in So-Cal this week-trying to do better bout going to gym more-Welcome aboard-add me