Thought I'd check in here

Hey Everyone! I've been using myfitnesspal for a while now. I started back in September (actually the 12th. Crazy stuff). and my weight was 247.3 lbs which had dropped about 5 lbs the two days before I found myfitnesspal for my recording. I'm about 5'11" and a 20 year old male. So I'm making pretty good progress as yesterday I weighed in at 212.7. So that's 35-40 lbs in 4 months! Pretty steady progress and i'm still eating all the crazy junk I like (pizza rolls, occasionally eating out) just less and less often. I think the biggest changes I've made is in regards to soda since I only drink diet now and that saves so many calories. The other thing is how much I eat. I'm not sure when but I can't eat nearly as much in one sitting as I used to be able to. I only ever eat half of what I get when I go out to eat anywhere and it's almost always filling for the meal. If I eat everything I'm so full it's actually a bit painful. Anyway, I'm feeling good and I still plan to loose a good amount more but I thought maybe talking about this stuff with other people would make things more interesting and hopefully easier. So how are things going for you all?

Replies

• ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Glad you are here. My fitness goals are to do more cardio workouts, train for a 5k race sometime. I am also looking to gain 10 lbs of muscle and get stronger. It's still early in my journey. I have only really been putting emphasis on this for a few weeks. Stay motivated. I might suggest at some point look into cutting soda out completely. Not say never drink it again. But like once and while. Diet soda is still unhealthy to consume. Focus on healthy foods and things that have nutritional impact in a good way. I drink soda once and while. Like one serving a week. Sometimes (because I I have kids) I kid plain soda water and mix it with a pureed fruit blend I make in the blender and make homemade natural soda. Yes, this does have more calories than diet soda, but less than regular and the sugar rush is gradual. I will eat a grapefruit, then squeeze the excess juice in soda water. Homemade Fresca lightly sweetened with Agave.

Feel free to send me a friend's request if you want. Best of luck in your goals!
  • Probably some great advice, I can tell. At this point though, I really want to lose weight for more superficial reasons. Chances are I'll end up bottoming out and not lose any more without being a good deal more healthy and not just looking at calorie consumption. Thanks for the tips though and good luck with your 5k! They can be brutal at first but the one I managed felt great to do!