SPECIAL K CHOCOLATE DELIGHT??

Options
First I want to say YUMMMMMMMMMMM I love this cereal but I am wondering if it is okay to eat when trying to change my lifestyle of eating. I usually eat it for dessert or for a snack. I eat it with 1/2 low fat milk. Is there anyone out there that thinks this is okay or anyone out there that thinks this cereal tries to be a healthy choice but it really isn't??? Thanks =)

Replies

• TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i love this cearel too! I think as long as we eat the serve size and its still in our calorie count it should be fine. Hello its got chocolate in it too! Who doesn't love that idea
  • hjmygatt
    hjmygatt Posts: 79
    Options
    I have to agree with stormchaser. I think that as long as you eat an appropriate serving size, you are golden!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    I definitely eat this stuff. It's usually my breakfast. And sometimes I mix it with red berries for a chocolate strawberry breakfast - awesome.

I'm not a fan of cutting out certain foods completely from your diet, I just don't find it to be sustainable. I'm all about portion control. So as long as you measure out the cereal and make sure you're calculating what you actually have then you're good to go.
  • birgithooker
    Options
    We are huge fans of this cereal in our house. As long as it's in moderation, I think it's fine. I think it makes a great breakfast or chocolatey snack. And compared to other cereals, it doesn't have any more calories. Just stick to the serving size.
  • carp68
    carp68 Posts: 42
    Options
    The only issue I would see with it is the sugar to dietary fiber ratio: 9 to 1. This cereal won't make you feel full for very long and I read the trick is to get a lot of dietary fiber so you feel full longer...

Just my take.

I also agree that sticking to the serving size and using less than full fat milk is helpful.

Besides, if you deny yourself things then that has the potential to be the one thing that causes the wheels to fall of the cart.

Have a great day!