Going Numb/Tingling

HelloSunshine
HelloSunshine Posts: 135
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
First.. I am not at all sure if that is even how you spell tingling but I hope you guys know what that means lol.

Okay so for the post...
I just started back at the gym on Wednesday and spent an hour and half there on Wednesday and Thursday and plan to do the same for everyday of the week. When I first get there I start with 15 minutes of cardio and I feel good. Then I will go and do 10 minutes of abs. Then I will go do 15 more minutes of cardio and I am still feeling pretty good. Follow that with 15 minutes on machines. Finally I finish it with 15 minutes of cardio. The problem with my third set of cardio is that about 5 minutes in I start to notice my toes tingling and then my whole foot will start to tingle and partially go numb.

Is something wrong with me? Do I have some kind of medical problem that I need to talk to a Dr. about? Or maybe am I just wearing the wrong kind of shoes? Or... is it just that because I am getting started and my feet aren't used to being on those machines like that which means that as I keep going and get more used to it, that it will stop.

I am done rambling now, I just was really curious what the deal is with my feet. :ohwell:

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    What machine, elliptical? A lot of peoples' feet go numb on this machine as you don't lift your foot up and down so it is either having circulation cut off or falling asleep from not being used. If it is no another machine then I have no idea.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Try tying your shoes a little looser. Laces are typically tied directly over a main nerve in our foot. Tying too tight can result in foot falling asleep.
  • What machine, elliptical? A lot of peoples' feet go numb on this machine as you don't lift your foot up and down so it is either having circulation cut off or falling asleep from not being used. If it is no another machine then I have no idea.

It is on both the elliptical and the stair step machine (No idea what its called)
This discussion has been closed.