So mad. Ready to give up, read me, and give advice!

Options

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I would try a 3 day liquid diet. You can even do the Mater Cleanse. Both will help clean out your system and get your metabolism going. I do the 3 day liquid diet once a month. Don't worry, the weight will come off. Good luck!

ALSO

bologna_zps006d7ba9.jpg
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    don't.weigh.yourself.
  • farleyface
    Options
    I encourage you to keep on, there are many reasons there is no wt. loss, as already mentioned salt can have a big impact. Other considerations are your menstral cycle, and my most favorite is if you are exercising muscle weights more than fat. Every day is a new day make sure you have your recommended water and more if possible especially if your diet is high in salt. Have a great week.:drinker:
  • ecjak2
    ecjak2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like your reasoning :) I'm going to remember this if I gain!!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Lower your sodium intake for several days and you will lose the water weight. And as far as water is concerned, yes you do need to stay hydrated. But you don't have to drink only water to do it. Just smart choices. I usually break it up, with 32 ounces of water a day and 32 ounces of other stuff like coffee, HEALTHY juices (ones not loaded in sugar and sodium) etc... You don't only have to stick to water. I don't and I still pee clear, I just make sure that if it starts to yellow that means I need more fluids.
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring your food?
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    How much exercise have you done? Do not make the mistake of eating your exercise calories.

Are you measuring the food accurately?

Make sure you get 10,000 steps a day.

Drink a glass of warm water every half hour - set your cooker timer to remind you. Have the water ready to drink with a straw.

Before you eat anything, drink a whole glass of water slowly.

THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU WILL NOT LOSE WEIGHT IF YOU FOLLOW THIS FOR A WEEK.

Says the newbie who has lost 0 pounds.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS. I lost 64 pounds eating back 95% of my exercise calories. You need to fuel your body to run properly. MFP already builds a calorie deficit in, so when you exercise it makes the deficit BIGGER. Too big a deficit can stall your weight loss and your body isn't getting the nutrients and energy it needs to operate. Also, I'm HORRIBLE at drinking my water (although I try to). How do you explain me and tons of other people here who have lost hundreds of pounds eating their exercise calories and not drinking 5 gallons of water a day? :smile:
  • annamorrison90
    annamorrison90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did one of those special weight loss diets that's supposed to be run by doctors and lost two pounds while eating only vegetables and baked chicken, and taking countless vitamins for two weeks and working out with a trainer. I was so upset! I ended up gaining 15 pounds after getting off the diet. I then had a complete change in eating habits, eating whatever I wanted, but walking constantly and doing cardio every morning and night and lost the 5 pounds and 3.5 inches off my waste. I think the trick is consistency. I did the later for 2 months and the prior for 2 weeks. Also, if your body goes into starvation mode like mine did, it will rebound and hold on to all of the fat you give it even if you're not overeating and you are doing exercise. I'm trying now not to starve myself, because I am a very inconsistent eater.
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    Eat raw celery..it's a natural diuretic.

NOT.
  • nabonang
    Options
    Diet soda is loaded with salt-after all it still needs to have flavour!!You are doing great-you watch what you eat,work out...now do yourself a big favour and put that scale somewhere were you can't always step on it-because otherwise you will start playing the number game--you are really "good" one week and nothing dropped and you set yourself up for sabotage by beating yourself up about what you should do more...and other weeks you were"bad" and you dropped i.e 2lbs and you tell yourself,wow look what I got away with!!Don't base it just on the number-did you loose inches,do you feel more energized then the weeks before---also when you walk alot and you drink/eat high sodium items you will store fluids in your body-mainly feet and legs!!Smile at what you have accomplished so far--just imagine if you would not have started to loose weight and get a healthier lifestyle-you would still drag those extra pounds with you!
  • brandylynnjudd
    Options
    I'm sorry, don't give up! I wanted to tell you about a lady I seen on Dr. Oz. She wrote a book called The Plan. You can watch the show it was on January 7th. She talkes about how some people can't lose weight unless they cut out certain foods. Could be brocoli or almonds. Everyone is different. Even healthy foods can make some people gain weight. She gaurantes 5lbs in 3 days with the detox plan then she adds certain foods to find out what your body likes and dislikes. It is worth a try! Good luck. I'm trying to lose too but not as hard as you are. I need some of your motivation! I'm new too :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    Diet soda is loaded with salt-after all it still needs to have flavour!!You are doing great-you watch what you eat,work out...now do yourself a big favour and put that scale somewhere were you can't always step on it-because otherwise you will start playing the number game--you are really "good" one week and nothing dropped and you set yourself up for sabotage by beating yourself up about what you should do more...and other weeks you were"bad" and you dropped i.e 2lbs and you tell yourself,wow look what I got away with!!Don't base it just on the number-did you loose inches,do you feel more energized then the weeks before---also when you walk alot and you drink/eat high sodium items you will store fluids in your body-mainly feet and legs!!Smile at what you have accomplished so far--just imagine if you would not have started to loose weight and get a healthier lifestyle-you would still drag those extra pounds with you!

Yes, because that 35 mg of sodium in diet soda is just going to kill you. I've been drinking diet soda since day 1 and have no plans of giving it up.

And special diets, DR OZ??? Oh my gosh I cannot believe the load of misinformation getting loaded into this thread faster than I can keep up with it. What is going on??????? *runs away and rips hair out*
  • LoriIone
    LoriIone Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice, I am feeling so much better! I have been drinking water all day! I have had my thyroid tested a couple of years ago, and it was all fine. BUT, thyroid problems do run in my family. I will give it a few days and see what happens. My pants are still too big, and today my mother in law told me she could tell I've lost weight.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    8*3500 = 28,000. Did you eat 28k calories over your goal? If not, I suggest you relax and drink a lot of water.
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can relate to what you are saying. I am 25 weeks into my journey and have seen the scale up and down. I was frustrated, angry, sad, etc. but now I am not paying attention to the scale. How do you feel? Do you have more energy? Are your clothes looser? Do you ENJOY the workouts? There are other ways to measure success- do not give the scale that much credit. If you have a Facebook look up Muffin Top-Less. She is in her own journey and is my inspiration. She is proof that the scale did not move for her, yet she looks amazing! She does weight-lifting and trains and models. Focus more on eating as clean as possible, working out, and losing the soda. Even if it is diet, water or tea is so much better! I haven't had a soda in weeks and feel great. I cut out all fast food and am seeing the decrease in inches and FINALLY after 25 weeks in pounds. I am weight-lifting and started the LiveFit program with Jamie Eason on Bodybuilding.com. In one week I am down 2 pounds and loving it. If you want to add me you can. I am in the journey and know your frustrations but do not give up. You will end up feeling so much worse and having to start at the beginning. As women we have it a bit tougher because of that dreadful time when there is no weight loss and tons of water retention, but we still keep truckin. You can do this!

Focus on the inches, the energy, and the high you get after an amazing workout. The scale may or may not go down. I guarantee you will look better with time and feel better about it. I am eating more now than ever before and am seeing results I like. You can do this!
  • LoriIone
    LoriIone Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    lol thank you, maybe I was spazing out. But it was a shock when I saw the scale....
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Let's see, 28,000 calories above what you burned, or one gallon of retained water. Which seems most likely? Are you ankles bloated? Are you urinating more than usual right now?? I would bet dollars to donuts that it is simply water retention, and this too shall pass, as urine. Quit kicking your own *kitten*, and kick weights *kitten* by NOT GIVING UP!! One day, one week, one pound or eight, is not a lifetime. Your only beaten when you quit!! Drive on, for the goal only gets closer when we drive on. If we stop, we never reach the goal. Your strong!! Drive on!!
  • Ina63
    Ina63 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hon I am right there with you!! I gained 20 pounds in 2 months and have had extensive testing. I go to the gym and work out walk everyday and followed a strict diet. Nothing worked. My doctor gave me a clean bill of health, but told me I am 49 years old and going thru menopause which causes your metabolism to all but stop. He suggested trying a clean diet, eliminating alot of foods. I found JJ Virgins book and tried it. WOW! I followed it for about a week now and am down 3 pounds. I have been to ashamed to come on here and add weight to my profile, so today I started over! I have a food sensitivity I didnt know I had. try that and see if it may help you to...I am back on track and finally start to feel good again! Her book is called the Virgin Diet..I am hooked! Good luck
  • CateP612
    Options
    Keep at it, you'll get there. Make sure you get your thyroid tested. Also, add foods like mushroom and cucumber (w/ lots of natural water). Cut back on sodium, don't salt your food, use pepper. Mix up your foods, keep yourself full, hydrated, and don't give up!
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another thing I did the last day of 2012 was a fast. I did it for 24 hours, only had water and broth soups. After the 24 hour period I started small with salads and protein. I no longer crave anything and my body doesn't want the sodas or fast food. It was like a reboot for my whole system. If you are interested in it, it did wonders for me. As long as I do not go on a binge and re-introduce all of that in, my body does not need it anymore like I had thought previously. Good luck!