Amino diet

Options
Has anyone tried, thinking about trying, know someone that has tried the Amino diet?

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    never heard of it hun, but I assume it's protein rich and carb poor??
  • backtome10
    Options
    I am using it now! It is FANTASTIC!!!! I feel great...and dropping pounds HEALTHY!
  • cheriejohnson714
    Options
    Yes! I love the amino diet! I have done 1 round of it so far and lost 20 pounds! That was a few months ago and I am going to start again soon. They have lot of info on their site about it, here is some [link removed]
    If you have questions I can help you!
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I would be very cautious about that diet. From what I understand, they only let you eat 1,000 calories a day for weeks, which is less than MFP and many other nutrition experts recommend for healthy weight loss.

It seems to be based on the HCG diet scam the FDA is trying to get off the market, only the calorie and food restrictions are not quite as extreme and it does not require dangerous and worthless HCG hormone shots.

But still, telling people to eat only 1,000 calories a day IS pretty extreme, even if they are "healthy calories"
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's a low calorie diet that won't provide you any benefit except you can guarantee muscle loss. And do you realize that the people who say it's great, it's their first post?

Why don't you just set yourself a moderate deficit, work out and concentrate on eating lean whole foods, fruits and veggies. This will teach you how to eat... diet programs are a recipe for long term disaster. And you have very little to lose, so this would make things worse.