NSV - Someone asked ME for squat advice!

Options
STurbs33
STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
I've been complimented on my form, and commended for being one of the very few female weightlifters at my gym. But I've never actually been asked for lifting advice.

I was in between squat sets when a man came up to me and asked why I squatted without shoes on. I explained that it was best to have the flattest surface possible while doing squats. Then he asked why I go so low with my squats and I further explained that squats should always be performed to at least parallel. He thanked me for my advice and said he would try it next time.

I was kind of proud. I have only been lifting weights since last March and never thought anyone would perceive me as a experienced lifter with sound advice. I have to give some credit to this site, where I found all of that information in the first place. But I'm glad that man left the gym with correct information that can improve his own workouts too, whether the advice came from me or not. Just another reason why I love lifting!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!