Protein -- Too much?

Options
Every day I am over for the amount of protein I eat, most days it is just protein that I am over)

Frankly, I have always thought protein was good (as long as it doesn't come from too much fatty meat and my fats are fine)) and am surprised to see I am over.

Can someone help me understand the negatives of protein? Why should I worry about being over as along as the fats are under?

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    MFP defaults to a rather low protein percentage, you are likely fine. The only time you truly need to worry about eating too much protein is if it makes up more than 60% or so of your calories.

You can adjust the percentages of your macros to something else if you'd like.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    If you have your macros (i.e. your carb/protein/fat percentages) set to the MFP default, you'd do well to treat the protein number as a minimum.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So I am right -- as long as it is lean protein, I shouldn't worry about having too much?
  • MAGurley
    Options
    Good to know! I'm new here and thought the same thing - seemed high, but they were good proteins. Thanks!