One Week and Loving it.

cami_clone
cami_clone Posts: 14 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello.
I'm a first-time mom to a 9 months old and I"m trying to get rid of the dreaded belly bulge that has settled around my middle (...and thighs ...and back end. *sigh*)
I've been on MFP for one week and I'm loving it. I checked in today and have already lost 3 lbs!
And this included going out for drinks/pub food Friday night (a rare night out), big family dinners Saturday and Sunday night and a big family lunch at Olive Garden on Sunday (Eek! Can you say Calorie Central). I tried to pick low-cal items from the menus, kept my servings small and passed on the extra snack food and sweets for the family dinners. I didn't get to exercise as much as I was hoping but looks like watching what I eat definitely has me going in the right direction. :happy: :drinker:

Replies

• cami_clone
    cami_clone Posts: 14 Member
    Hello.
    I'm a first-time mom to a 9 months old and I"m trying to get rid of the dreaded belly bulge that has settled around my middle (...and thighs ...and back end. *sigh*)
    I've been on MFP for one week and I'm loving it. I checked in today and have already lost 3 lbs!
    And this included going out for drinks/pub food Friday night (a rare night out), big family dinners Saturday and Sunday night and a big family lunch at Olive Garden on Sunday (Eek! Can you say Calorie Central). I tried to pick low-cal items from the menus, kept my servings small and passed on the extra snack food and sweets for the family dinners. I didn't get to exercise as much as I was hoping but looks like watching what I eat definitely has me going in the right direction. :happy: :drinker:
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Well done! :happy:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Congratulations and welcome aboard!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Great job!! That is the great thing about this plan and losing weight. You DON'T have to starve to get the weight off and you CAN live your life and sometimes life does get in the way of our weight-loss plan...you just have to be careful and watch your portions, which is what you did. I think these dining out times are good for us. Gives us a test and helps us to understand portions and moderation.
This discussion has been closed.