weight loss waist loss

Options
I'm a week and a half and 3 pounds in. When should I expect to start seeing my waistline shrink?

Replies

• aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    with every pound i imagine. Take "before" photos. I would say you may be able to tell with each set of 10 lbs lost. I have "before" photos that are hidden in a maze of folders. lol. I dont want people to see them but it helps motivate me to see the difference in my body.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 weeks to see any noticable change anywhere on my body, and I had lost more than 3 lbs at that point.
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements, this will give a more accurate way of telling. Often you don't see the shrinkage because it is happening so gradually but your tape measure won't be fooled! :happy:
  • i wear body shaper tanks when I workout and that has totally helped my waist line trim down 3 times more
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm a week and a half and 3 pounds in. When should I expect to start seeing my waistline shrink?

I think it varies person to person. Somehow your body picks the place to lose the fat and as far as I know, we have no control over that :sad:

With my first 9 pounds lost, I lost 4 inches off my waist. I've since lost 29 more pounds and *only* another 4 inches off my waist. It won't track exactly because sometimes your body 'picks' some other part to take the fat from, at least that's how I picture it. When I have weight loss but no change in inches in the parts of my body that I measure, I take comfort that I had to have lost it from somewhere. Maybe my pinky finger is a little smaller or there's less fat on my knee cap or something, who knows lol.