Diabetic ??

Options
Hi new to MFP, I am jsut wondering if beyond the carb count in your food journal are there other features here that will be helpful for insulin dependent diabetics managing blood sugar insulin levels, diet and exercise. I am loving the sight and thought of someone who could really use a sight like this for recording all this info. Would be especially helpful for dr, visit to have all the info in one place. Just getting to know all the ins and outs and truth be know it's the message baords that have unlocked many of the interesting tools and things on here. THanks in advance for the help, and thanks to the creators of MFP and staff for such an amazing site and tool.

Replies

• candypa
    candypa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i agree that would be helpful, but I'm not aware of that on MFP. I have suggested it but I guess more people need to suggest it.

I have a One Touch Ultra Smart meter where I can track calories, protein, fat, carbs, exercise, insulin (pills or liquids), dr visits, if your ill, having your period, blood pressure, weight, A1C, cholestrol, microalb., eye dr visit, foot exam, analysis of BG by meals, time of day, you can set your own time periods like if you work night shift, average BG by exercise, glucose within range, hypo range, etc. Love my meter.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You could add notes to the diet section
  • raecork
    raecork Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Candypa, looks like it's time to upgrade the meter my husband uses. Thanks
  • docHumphreys
    Options
    As a newly discovered type 2 with around a high of 450, I am making my way around my disease. I have been able to modify my food goals to better match what I need to do. Send me an email if you want to do that for yours.
  • docHumphreys
    Options
    Just wondering what brand meter that you have......and how much???
  • bettywin
    Options
    I have type 1 diabetes and use the iBGstar app on my phone. You can use the app to store all of your blood sugar readings along with adding notes, and then look at your averages and see your results on a chart etc. I use the app alongside MFP, and can swap between the two. e.g. if i see that my blood sugars are up one day I can go on to MFP and see what I've eaten and maybe make a link as to why my readings were high.
    You can use the iBGstar app without the iBGstar meter, but I also have the meter too and it's fantastic if you have an iphone. You can just plug the meter in to your iphone and it syncs all of your readings on to the app.
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I add mine to the notes section in my journal. I just do the time and the sugar results. The carbs are listed above so I don't bother with that and I wear a pump so the dr makes a print out of how much insulin i took per meal. feel free to add me if you wish!
  • docHumphreys
    Options
    I find the notes section very helpful. That's what I do, also!