hello from Mississippi

Options
Hi, my name is David. I am 32, and started my journey about 3 weeks ago. I am a disabled army vet. who for to many years has let the pain and depression run my life, all the while getting bigger and bigger. I know I am supposed to set small short term goals, and I am doing that. but for general purpose here I will be stating long term goals.
I am 5' 11" and 296 lbs, my ending goal at the moment is 210. I set this goal because that was my weight in the military and I was extremely healthy.
To reach this goal I am doing the following:
I am eating healthy and keeping track of my calories through the MFP app.
The only two things I drink other than water, are apple juice (at most one glass a day) and Gatorade ( no more than 2 glasses a day)
I am also eating 5 small meals a day, such as breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack ( I might be turning into a monkey with all the bananas I have been eating)
On M-W-F, I do 15 min of cardio, the planet fitness circuit, abs, and 15-20 min of cardio
On T-Th, I do only 50-60 min of cardio
I take Sat and Sun off from the gym but still eat healthy and keep track of the calories.
I just got MFP this week, a person at the gym told me about it in a conversation that started over my shoes. I really like the app. and will possibly start a blog in the next week or so.
I have decided to start weighing only on Mon. mornings after the 2 days of rest and my first weigh in was 1/7/13 and I was 296.

thanks fro taking the time to read and best of luck to everyone here trying to get healthier.

Replies

• frogprincess05
    frogprincess05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello from Utah, but I'm a Mississippi native. ;) You can reach your goals! Looks like you've got a great plan going. You can add me if you want some fellow, southern support. Also, beans and rice is a meal high in protein and fiber and is delicious. Just sayin'....