Team Fit- March

Options
Hello,
I'm starting a group with my fellow MFP Kim! We're here for support, motivation, and everything inbetween! if you think you would benefit from being on a team, then come on board! We will set daily, weekly, and monthly goals for ourselves. I know that when I was in a group from October to Janurary it helped A LOT by keping me in check. I had to log in every day and tell my team mates how much water I drank and how much exercise I did. If you think this will help you too, let me tell you, it will!

My goal for the month is to lose 6 pounds
I will exercise monday through friday for 65 mins at least
I will make sure I drink 8 glasses of water or more a day.
I will get to my goal of 145 before April 8th (my 25th birthday! hopefully)

So join the group and lets keep each other motivated!!! We can do this!!!

Replies

• amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm back... can I still be on the team? :flowerforyou:
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    well I suppose you can, Angie!! :tongue: and it isnt much of a team! lol. but thats okay! i need it so as long as you and Kim get on every now and then that would be awesome!

Yesterday: 65 mins of exercise. Did the c25k and the shred plus my 20 min walk. And I did the c25k right after I did the shred! So it was good and I felt great afterwards!! Tired, but great!! :bigsmile:

today: 65 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water. my sister wont be able to exercise with me so I might have to do the c25k alone but thats okay. I got my stop watch so I'm good to go!! :glasses:

well i hope others come back! I'm still not to my goal and once I get there I want to lose another 10 pounds. So I really have like 15 to lose still. but thats not as bad as 70!!!! :happy: I'm glad I dont have that much to go still!

Angie, Kim hope you guys are trying to stay positive and focused!! You can do it!! get back into the game, I know you can!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • amm114
    Options
    I think getting back into a routine is harder than starting it in the first place. I went to the gym for 45 minutes on Monday (felt GREAT) but didn't go yesterday, so I HAVE to go today. I don't know why it's so hard to get over that mental road block. Keeping it up is going to be challenging this month and next month: we're moving to Florida and I'm spending 6 days there looking for a place to live before we road-trip it out there on April 1. Then in April I think we're going home for a week or two, and it's always a losing battle trying to get to the gym when I go home. But I HAVE to do something... I feel so lazy when I don't.

My husband recently went to a 6-week leadership course. Part of every military course is PT... he lost like 15 pounds in those 6 weeks. Running 6 miles a day will do that to a person. But I'm jealous... I wish I could lose weight that easily. :grumble:

You are doing wonderfully, Ariel!! You're so dedicated! I know you'll get to your goal soon! :flowerforyou:
  • aabelein
    Options
    Moving to Florida huh? Are you looking forward to that? :ohwell: And i know how you feel about trying to get back into it is harder then trying to start! i have to make myself exercise everyday now and before i would just do it. no second thoughts. now im like i dont want to, but youre not doing anything else. you want your butt and legs to not look gross in your bikini you just bought :blushing: (i bought a bikini! and im actually going to try to wear it. without shorts over it. ive never ever done that before. but i'm only doing it if my butt looks better. its still all gross and celulite looking like right under my cheak to the top of my thigh, tmi i know, but i had to say it):blushing: and i'm going to vegas this weekend so im going to have to try to eat as healthy as posible. just try not to get discouraged because thats when we stop. just tell yourself its okay go when you can and dont beat yourself up. :bigsmile: you will get there!! :glasses:
  • amm114
    Options
    I am looking forward to moving to Florida. I've never even been there before, but I think it will be a nice change. I'm mostly looking forward to the job opportunities, shopping and beaches. :wink: Speaking of beaches and bikinis, I hate cellulite too... mine isn't too bad but it's annoying.

Vegas is sooo fun! My favorite place to eat is called La Salsa Cantina. It's a little restaurant very close to the MGM Grand. It's not expensive and it is mighty tasty if you like Mexican food. (I don't know how healthy it is; probably not very... most restaurants aren't.) My husband and I eat there every time we are in Vegas. We're definitely going to miss Vegas when we move! :frown: Right now we live like 3 hours from Vegas.
  • amm114
    Options
    OMG I did so bad yesterday... never eat out twice in one day, even if you're going to the gym.
  • aabelein
    Options
    Man I wish I lived 3 hours from Vegas!! it took me 6 to get there since I had to wait in Dam traffic. hahaha get it? But yeah I was backed up at the Hoover Dam for 35 mins going in and 55 mins going out of vegas. It sucked! But it was worth it! we had a blast! drunk dancing on the strip was the best part! hahaha :laugh: :wink: since there was so many of us i didnt feel embarrased to do it. :laugh: i wanted to eat at that place Angie, but I didnt get to. I didnt really get to do anything I wanted to do, so that kinda sucked. I only got to see the Excalibur (because thats where we stayed), New York New York, MGM Grand, Bellagio, and Paris. The conservatory at the bellagio was fantatsic!!! Thanks kim for telling me to check it out! it was really cool!! it was freezing cold and windy as **** on Saturday so none of the rides were open and none of the water attratctions were going off either :ohwell: :mad: so that really sucked. but i got drunk and had a good time. we did see tournament of kings and that was really fun!! we sat in the Russia section, "FOR THA MOTHER LAND!!!" hahaha we took up the whole row!!! there was 14 of us! HAZAAH!!!!:flowerforyou: :glasses: now i'm back and its time to get back to exercising and eating good. since i ate like crap all weekend!! haha. but i didnt gain any weight so thats all that matters!! haha :bigsmile:
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Ariel - glad you had a good time in Vegas. You are doing great with your weight and exercise.

AMM - where in Florida are you moving?

I am off and on in my exercise. I am still losing, but I don't feel good about myself since I have not been exercising as much. I have started to workout at night because I have not been able to get myself out of bed in the mornings. I am ok with that, but it is much harder to workout with a 20 month old walking around trying to "help mommy workout"
  • aabelein
    Options
    well i gotta get back into the swing of things! my bday is 3 weeks from today and i am 6 pounds from my goal! i have to work extra hard the rest fo this week and the next two weeks if i want to make it! but i have to!! and i will! be determined guys! we can do this!!!!
  • aabelein
    Options
    so slowly and surely i havent been doing very well with my exercise..... the other week i gianed back 2 pounds i had lost. now this week i gained back another 2 so now ive gained back 4 total!!! :explode: :mad: so starting today i'm back on to lose!! i'm 8 pounds fromy my goal now and not 4 and that sucks. if i would have kept up with my plan i'd weigh 148 now. so i'm 10 pounds behind!!! :sad: :cry: i'm going to work extra hard to get there. because yes i have 8 pounds to my goal but i know i am going to want to lose 10 more after that. so ive got like 18 pounds to go! :ohwell: grrrrr i hate myself!!!
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Ariel - you are doing great. Get back on track and hang in there.

I haven't been doing all that great myself. My family was hit by a car from behind on Thursday night so I haven't been really into working out. No one was seriously injured, but my car is damaged pretty bad. So I have been dealing with insurance and all of the joys of an accident.:sad:

Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • aabelein
    Options
    kim that really sucks! i hope your car will get fixed soon! good job on the pounds!!! youre doing good! way to go!! :) my birthday is comig up, 16 days, and i'm going to Beni Hana for dinner!! I'm excited! i got a pretty dress to wear and all my friends and family is going! i dont think i will be 150 by then but as long as i can get as close to that as possible im okay with it. keep it up everyone! hang in there! summer is almost here and i donno about you, but i want to look as good as possible!!
  • aabelein
    Options
    so i'm back down to 154!!! yay!!! if i try really hard this week i might actually make it to 150 before my birthday next Thursday!! I got a membership to a gym so after work i'm going to punch it out for a few hours! i know i can do it!! since i started dieting my goal has been to weigh 150 by my birthday! now I'm only 4 pounds from that! what a great birthday present to myself!! i bought a beautiful dress to wear to dinner at believe it or not, its a size 7 (it said 7 on the tag but the tag on the dress itself says small)!!!!! a small?!!??!?!?! or a 7?!?!?!?! the dress i bought for New Years was an 11!!!! This is FANTASTIC!! I'll try to find some old pics of me and on my birthday I'll take new pics and post them in the success stories section! i cant wait! :) hope everyopne else is hanging in there!!!
  • amm114
    Options
    Ariel you are doing so well! I am totally jealous. I am NOT doing well. I have gained some weight (had to move up a hole on my belt). I am just having a hard time keeping up. We just moved to Florida, and moving is such a crazy process... and I'm going back to South Dakota for 3 weeks on April 17 and it's always a losing battle to get to the gym while I'm there. Plus it's impossible to keep track of calories when I'm eating home-cooked meals... :frown: :frown: :frown: