Cravings

Options
How do you deal with your craving for bad food?

Saturdays are hard for me...and its mostly about my old Saturday routine. Previously it was a fast food evening in front of the tv with added munches for a proper pig out.

Its day 3 for me and my first Saturday in, Ive just wolfed a banana down to try and subdue the urge.....but all Im thinking about is going out to buy a whopping big cake to eat.

How do you curb your cravings?

Replies

• shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    So instead of a whopping big cake, maybe try buying a brownie, or something smaller? You can still have some unhealthy foods, but just don't eat as much! If you crave something, just have a small piece, or a bite, or something that would fit your craving on a smaller scale.
  • Zampa13
    Zampa13 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Having something small in the house would be good as long as they are individually wrapped.

This is obviously something I need to address as knowing there is a box of opened cookies or cake in my home actually would have me continually thinking about it...Sorry if that sounds stupid.

So far Ive been drinking tea and eating bananas to try pass over the craving and initially it works.
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Truth...? I go on these forums and read and make comments. It keeps my hands busy and my mind off the cravings...oh, and I have a bottle of water handy. It's amazing how a bit of water reduces the craving.