New BMF and can't eat this high calories

Options
2»

Replies

• foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I've just got a new BMF which is giving me a TDEE of about 2500 ( it says this is what I am burning). . With a 1 pound a week loss ( i am within my healthy weight range. Female, 5 ftb8 and 148 pounds), this means eating 2000 a day. For months I have been eating 1450 and I feel sick trying to eat so much now. I know I could eat cake or chocolate but eating crap makes me feel crap. I'm a vegetarian by the way.

What I can't get my head around is, if I'm supposed to eat this much, why am I over weight in the first place. However I wasn't losing on the 1450.

I'm also struggling to get my protein levels up without getting fat levels too high.

First you say you are within a healthy weight range
    then you refer to your self as over weight
    which is it?
    at 5'8" and 148 all you should be doing is maintaining and not gaining
    so what is the problem?
    How much weight do you feel you need to loose?
    Although I'm not medically over weight. I feel I am aesthetically. Particularly got fat gathered around stomach and back. I am doing Chalean Extreme and running but need to remove the fat too.

I'm aiming to get down to 140 but its really not a weight but an appearance I'm after.

If this is what you want, you should definitely eat at a small deficit. Add in strength training like weight lifting, and this should help with appearance issues. Weight loss may be slow, but you should lose inches with strength training.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yep. It was a struggle after I got my BMF to increase my calories so much, but now that I have, I enjoy all the extra food and the weight is sliding off pretty easily.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Yep. It was a struggle after I got my BMF to increase my calories so much, but now that I have, I enjoy all the extra food and the weight is sliding off pretty easily.

That's good to hear. Thanks