Vibram Five Fingers

Options
Does anyone have a pair?
Do you love them/hate them?
What kind of activities do you use them for?
How have they held up over time?

I want this kind for my birthday!
bluesprint.jpg

Replies

• lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Do not have any, but there is another thread on here about them and I fell in love with them, they have some pink and white ones, and I keep going to the website to stalk them, I think they are cool, b/c I am a country girl and barefoot is my middle name, I hate the constriction of closed in shoes, I wear flip flops all year long, even in the snow...XD
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    haha :laugh:
    I am sorry but those are the silliest looking shoes I have ever seen.
    Its like someone loved their toe socks but needed something harder to wear outside....

I have never seen anything like this.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    bump

oh, and they ain't cheap either!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    My boyfriend has a pair, he's a traceur, practicing parkour for over 2 years. He uses them when training, which involves walking on rails, climbing, running in grass/on rocks/off of platforms, and all sorts of stuff. I also have a pair and use them for camping, like walking in the river, climbing in trees, etc. They're fantastic. If you use them for running, they will teach you how to run differently. Not heel-toe, but more in the toes with spring. A lot of sprinters are fans of minimalist running, which is what the Vibrams help with. It's like running barefoot, which is more natural--but we're not used to it so be careful until you re-learn how to run so you don't pull anything.

You can throw them in the washer to clean them :-)

Edit: some links!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100127134241.htm

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/07/barefoot/
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a pair of these. There is nothing better than being barefoot...but there are so many little yuckies on the ground. I would totally go hiking in these.
  • gummibaehr
    gummibaehr Posts: 143
    Options
    My mom said she'd get them for meeee! Yaaay! But I'm going to have to wait until April. :-( Because they are out of stock everywhere!

HelloSunshine, I thought they were really silly at first, too! But then I started reading about them and I fell in love! :heart:

Thanks so much for the info/links, cmurphy04722!

lindsay1982, I'm a country gal, too! I can't wait to try them out.

TheMaidOfAstolat, Agreed! I love going barefoot, but I haven't in a long time because the last time I did I STEPPED ON A BEE. :noway: