Hey, Fat Girl!

Options
13»

Replies

• sflurbo
    sflurbo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is beautiful. Well we all have to start somewhere. Headed to the Y. My hope is that they see me now, they see me everyday forward, and they see the transformation. I am following the plan by logging in and exercising, I feel I am counting calories and all, I seem to always be under my calorie goals, but I lost 4 by Wednesday and on Friday I had gained 2 back. Is this normal?
  • sflurbo
    sflurbo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am new as I said, having just started on Monday January 28, can you tell me what Bump means. I see it on alot of blogs. Thanks
  • SaraNiyah
    Options
    respect <3
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Man OP, I really appreciate that. You just go me pretty choked up-bad. I just got back on the wagon 3.5 weeks ago and decided that the only way this time would be different would be to try to see myself in a new way--as athletic (I've been over 250lbs since grade school). So, The day I started tracking again I signed up for 7 5ks. Seven! Two per month for the next three or so months. I had no idea if I could even walk 3.1 miles at 340lbs without stopping.

I started training, which felt like a super pathetic way to describe just walking more. The first week I made it to two miles at 22 minutes a mile with an average heart rate of 190. Whoa. I did this three times that week.

The second week, I was making it to 3.1 miles at 20 minutes a mile! My average heart rate was down to 182. I managed to do that three times.

Then came my first 5k. I not only finished it, but I was down to 19 minutes a mile with an average heart rate of 164. I am now also down 20lbs and 1.5 inches on each upper arm, 1.5 inches on each thigh, 1 inche off my hips, and 2 inches off my waist!

I'm gearing up for my second 5k this Sunday and I keep wishing I could put visors on or wear an invisibility cloak; I can't even begin to explain how much better this post made me feel. Thank you so so much!

:flowerforyou:

Keep being awesome.
  • EmilyG34
    EmilyG34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have always loved that!! especially because I remember when I felt that way about myself! Thank you for posting!!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I really thought this post was about the Humpety Dance.. "Hey fat girl, yeah I called you fat"...Here's your chance, everybody dance..do the hump...lol
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Love it! I did some serious damage to my feet after breaking one foot and spraining the other at the same time. Putting all my weight on my sprained ankle as my other foot healed really makes it difficult to even walk normally now. So while I might not be able to run I am losing this weight so that I can walk normally again. And it is posts like these that keep me going as I start out on this journey.

Thank you for helping me keep motivated to start exercising and not be so self conscious.