After 2 years - trouble maintaining and concerns

Options
Hi everyone!

I've been eating well, exercising and eating (more or less clean) for the past few years and lost in total 50lbs. To be honest, I lost 40lbs in the first year and I've been slowly regaining ever since. Nothing too alarming, maybe 20lbs in 2 years or so. It is safe to say, I am keeping the weight away, but it is a huge uphill battle and what I'm doing to maintain is not exactly super healthy which raises concern.

My weekly exercise is 30-60minutes of cardio per day (6-7 days) and, for the past 2 months, weight lifting every 2-3 days. I usually eat healthy, but I do get urges to just slack off and have one or two bad days. Here's the bad part, to compensate for those bad days I usually eat less (around 1500-1600kcal) on every other day so that on a weekly average I go over by 100-200.
It's been like this for almost 2 years now and to be honest, I am getting tired both physically and mentally.

Physically because I tend to get exhausted must more easier than before I lost weight. I tend to be really fatigued in the afternoon and I can't pull an all nighters anymore. Mentally because I sometimes feel like letting loose again and eat whatever I want, it's just getting tiresome to constantly check what you could eat.

I have 2 questions:

1) What can you suggest to help me regulate my eating habits again and not pull spikes during my week?

2) I've been on this for almost a 2 years now. Is it unhealthy to maintain a low calorie eating habit (despite the random spike during the week) for a long time? Will it have irreversible effect on my metabolism?

Replies

• Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Those are very good questions. I wish I could help you but I'm still in the beginning of my adventure. I am eager to hear what others will advise.