what exercise can i do sitting please ,

Options
2»

Replies

• nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    NaomiJFoster said:
    Silver Sneakers is national. But you can only participate if your health insurence covers it. Crazy, huh?

reply:
    at the Y, any member of the Y can be in SilverSneakers class, and any SilverSneakers member can use any part of the Y. (really nice if there is a pool!)

But yes, it is sold as an insurance company benefit. the insurance company pays the gym membership fee every month. i think in the beginning, only humana offered it as a benefit, but now there are other insurance companies on board.

sorry, i don't know how to quote.

Ah, I didn't realize that. I work at a JCC and we have a Silver Sneakers program. But it has to be covered by the person's insurance. My mom was trying to get into it, but her insurance doesn't cover it and nobody will allow her to sign up. I might suggest that she try one of the Y's. It seems like such a great program.

(the quote button is in the bottom right corner of the comment box. Just click it, scroll down from the other person's words a line or two, and make your reply.)

testing the quote option.

also, if a SilverSneaker member travels, she can use whatever facility has the SilverSneaker Program. (we get a lot of snowbirds in florida.)

SilverSneakers has more than one format, too. i teach Muscular Srength and Range of Movement, and am trained to teach SSCardioFit, SSCircuitTraining, SilverStretch (yoga based), and SilverSplash (aqua based). but MSROM is my favorite,so i'm sticking to that, and it is definitely a full-body workout in the chair. every instructor is different, however, there are 'rules and regulations' that instructors must follow in order to ensure a consistent standard of quality and safety.

i love SilverSneakers and i could talk about it all day! i hope your mom finds a place.