Trying Paleo...Tips & Resources?

Options
Hey everyone! My wife and I have decided we're going to try going paleo for 30 days just to see what happens. Wondering if you guys can give me some good resources (websites and books) for information and recipes? Googling "Paleo" comes up with 900,000,000,000,000 websites so I'm hoping you guys have some that are more popular than others.

I already use NerdFitness.com which has quite a bit of information on it and I'm also going to download the "is it paleo?" app for my phone.

Also any tips from experience or suggestions for snacks or recipes are much appreciated!

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Eat more nuts, seeds, oily fish and organ meats, these are all things people forget to add in when they eliminate or reduce other food groups.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Mark's Daily Apple.com
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    thefoodee.com has some good recipes for paleo and Whole30. It's a pretty cool site that will help you build your shopping list based on the recipes you select.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    anything and everything Mark Sisson. do an amazon search for his books, and yeah as someone else mentioned his blog is great
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    www.paleomg.com

www.zuzkalight.com/category/nutrition

And Zuzka's lights are pretty boss, too.. good luck!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/ - She also has a cookbook called 'Well Fed' that is great

http://whole9life.com/ - Melissa and Dallas Hartwig are great. This site is all about the Whole30 program. There is also the book "It Starts With Food" that I highly recommend reading.

And someone already mentioned it, but www.foodee.com is an AMAZING resource for recipes. I love that site. I'm not full paleo, but I'm about 75%, and I go to this website all the time for recipes.