Yoga

Options
I've been putting off doing yoga since it doesn't seem to give as many calories per time as time on the elliptical. The yoga i do tends to be faster than many videos. When i go to the class it's a heated room and tends to be fast too and we sweat a lot. Is there another way of calculating how much calories you burn than the auto plug in on the site?

Replies

• mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you burn the calories, you burn the calories. Why should it matter how exact the website says it is? Get a monitor to wear on your body.
  • samuelboundy
    samuelboundy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor with a chest strap one of the best christmas gifts I got.
  • kerriotto
    Options
    I would think that a hot vinyasa would be a similar caloric burn to Bikram. I estimate I burn about 400 calories in 60 minutes of Bikram. I just ordered a heart rate monitor to get a more accurate result.
    Keep with the yoga. It's my main source of cardio and I am smaller and more toned than I have been in over a decade!
    Good luck!
  • Ailorn
    Ailorn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the feedback :) Can anyone recommend a decent not too expensive heart rate monitor?
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor with a chest strap one of the best christmas gifts I got.

^this.
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I do heated yoga daily. Sometimes stretcing, other times for strength, cardio, etc... I burn from a 1.0(beginner level class) about 364 cals for 60 min all the way to 600 cals for a Sculpt heated class with weights that lasts 60 minutes.

Yoga is the only way that my stomach is getting more toned and my hips are getting narrower. I've done spin, free weight training and TRX...Heated Yoga seems to work the best, for me.