Shallow or personal preference....?

Options
124»

Replies

• packratpatty
    packratpatty Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Where I live, sometimes it's hard to get a date because of religion. I have seen several friends NOT date a person because of the religion of that person, although they think the person is great in every other facet of their lives. Is that shallow?
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Where I live, sometimes it's hard to get a date because of religion. I have seen several friends NOT date a person because of the religion of that person, although they think the person is great in every other facet of their lives. Is that shallow?

Religion is different. Religion has to do with your overall morality and beliefs...It's hard to have a relationship with someone with completely different fundamental values. That relationship would be nothing but arguing over which church to go to, trying to convert one or the other's religion, and fighting over which religion to raise their potential children. So to me, no, it's not shallow.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about anyone's personal preferences. People can be labelled in so many different ways anyways. I always looked for a girl who fit my lifestyle and shared some common ground in beliefs.