Options
13»

Replies

• nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    no one should ever be at 1200 calories.

Pop quiz:
    What should a 100lb, 5ft , 65year old sedantary female eat at to maintain ?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

http://theskinnyequation.blogspot.com/p/weight-loss-calculators.html

use this to figure out your BMR and TDEE.

your BMR is the bare minimum that you should be eating for your age, height, and weight. it is your basal metabolic rate, which is the bare minimum of calories you need if you were just laying in bed.

Your TDEE is your total daily energy expenditure. it is what you burn on a daily bases based on your activity.

i like to take my TDEE that is at lightly active and subtract 20-10% for weight loss. i don't add exercise calories, but i don't worry too much about going a few hundred calories over my daily goal, because it all balances out.

your body works on a weekly basis, rather then a day-to-day basis. this means that if you go over your calories by 500 on monday, and then on tuesday and wednesday you are under by 250 each day, it all balances out.

^this

and SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*among other things

Just saw the word squat. I love squats! Best advice of the day!
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Pop quiz:

The last thing I plan on worrying about when I'm 65 is how many calories I should be eating!!!!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No response needed and please feel free to ignore this.
    You aren't impatient, you just aren't eating enough.
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Pop quiz:

The last thing I plan on worrying about when I'm 65 is how many calories I should be eating!!!!

Lololololol. And I'm going to hope I'm not sedentary. Cause if I am, I've got bigger problems than consuming 1200 calories.
  • Niekard
    Options
    ashleydmassey

You are so great, that's exactly how I feel! I've eaten 1000 calories so far today in an effort to up my intake and I am so full and sick feeling. :( I will maintain my 1200 for the month (thanks Pu!) and if that doesn't help I will up it to 1400. I think everybody's body is different, and I just can't push that many calories into myself without feeling uncomfortable atm. I don't feel lethargic, I'm thinking okay, and I exercise without hassle.

(In regards to my quick adds.) I am always 100% truthful with my diary, I use quick adds because it saves me time as I have no trouble calculating the calories for myself. If you could see my reports for the past 90 days, you'd see a day quite a while back when I ate about 3500 calories in one day! >__< It's a bloody bother to add: 1/4th a capsicum, 1/4th a red onion, 1/4th a block of reduced fat feta cheese etc. etc. every day, haha.

Also, a lot of you seem to think that I can't stand hearing that I should eat more calories, believe me that's not the case. I just don't need the over-dramatic "OH MY GLOB, YOU'RE SO ANOREXIC, SEE A PSYCH." deal. I can deal with facts, I'm all about facts! ;D