not enough calories today...

Options
Hi.
So I'm at the end of my day now (living in UK) and I'm left with 293 calories out of my 1500. Now add to that around 100 because I didn't finish my lunch (too full) and another maybe around 200 for my 30min dvd workout. That gets me about 600! under my todays calories! What do I do? Can I ignore it for today or should I make myself to eat more? I so don't fancy anything, I'm still quit full after dinner...
What would you do?
Thanks

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    If no one gives you advice what will you do?

The less you eat - the less hungry you will be. Your body needs a certain amount of calories to be healthy and function every day. What do you think you should do?

Your profile says that you have been on MFP since Aug. 2011. What have you done up to now?
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    if your full dont eat, if you want to hit your goal, grab a calorie dense food that will not stuff you, nuts, peanut butter, protein bar or shake. A few hand fulls of almonds would be the way to go for me
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, what's the problem? Are you trying to bulk as a body builder? If that is the case, fix yourself a protein shake for an evening snack, then set your alarm for the middle of the night and have another protein shake at 2-3am.

When I was training for my century cycling ride, I would get up in the middle of the night the week before the ride and have some vanilla protein mixed with orange juice.
  • takad
    takad Posts: 6
    Options
    @ beachlover - I have started last year, but soon gave up. Now 'm back since 3.jan and so far so good. Except today. (I use app on my ipod to log my calories...) Although no weight loss at all, I'm feeling positive

@ BackTatJIM - I didn't think of nuts. Good idea, not very filling, but lots of calories... thanks
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    So I'm at the end of my day now (living in UK) and I'm left with 293 calories out of my 1500. Now add to that around 100 because I didn't finish my lunch (too full) and another maybe around 200 for my 30min dvd workout. That gets me about 600! under my todays calories! What do I do? Can I ignore it for today or should I make myself to eat more? I so don't fancy anything, I'm still quit full after dinner...
    What would you do?
    Thanks
    Here's what I would have:
    Crisp bread, spready cheese triangle and a couple of slices of Ham, OR
    Malt Loaf snack box size OR
    Small pot of rice pudding (snack size) OR
    Bowl of cereal OR
    mug of Horlicks light OR
    Baked Bananas (recipe from skinnytaste) OR
    A piece of fruit OR
    A selection of whole food nuts
    Have a meander through the supermarket for snack pot sized stuff - often around 100 cals
    Have a few in the house as well as fruit, nuts, raisins etc
    Have a look at something like Graze and/or make up your own little graze boxes - they might help throughout the day to reach your target ...
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options

The less you eat - the less hungry you will be. Your body needs a certain amount of calories to be healthy and function every day. What do you think you should do?

Your profile says that you have been on MFP since Aug. 2011. What have you done up to now?

Just because it says Aug 2011 doesn't mean this person has been active with counting calories since that time especially since this was their first post.

Sarkad if you are not hungry, then don't eat. Being under your calories for a day isn't going to make a difference.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    This is why I like to plan ahead. It is far easier to log the food that I know that I am going to have definitely - say tomorrow's breakfast and tomorrow's evening meal. Then I now how any calories I have left to use up and as important for me to hit my macro figures also, I can then make the right choices for my lunch and snacks throughout the day.

People will take the information that is on your profile when making comments. Perhaps it would be a good idea to identify on your profile that you have been away and just come back.

In relation to filling the remainder of the calories - to ensure that your body has all the fuel it needs, even to perform its most basic tasks, I will not be one who recommends its OK to end the day so low, but I would suggest nuts, a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter, greek yoghurt or avacado.

If all else fails, there is nothing like a bowl of cereal at bedtime, no matter how full you feel. :smile:
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Go and have a slice of bread with peanut butter. Lots of protein. If you do not eat, you will put weight on when you do because your met goes down.
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    add a dummy food to the value of the calories under for the day..
    skip over to tomorrows 'menu' and add a dummy cardio session equal to the calories.

Double entry bookkeeping for the win.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Just because it says Aug 2011 doesn't mean this person has been active with counting calories since that time especially since this was their first post.

Sarkad if you are not hungry, then don't eat. Being under your calories for a day isn't going to make a difference.

Just because someone has only posted once - or never posted for that matter - does not mean they don't log food and exercise. I did that for months before I posted something. And again, the less you eat, the less hungry you will be. One day will not matter. A pattern of eating less and less will.