Some days, I feel like FOOD rules my world!

Options
Today, as I was preparing for lunch (eating small meals every 3 hours or so) I thought to myself.....from the time I wake up, it is all about food until I close my eyes at night. It is my love affair with food and eating that has brought me here [MFP] in the first place! I wish that I didn't have to think about food all the time but it was journaling my food that helped me lose in the past. As I sit and eat a meal at 9am, I'm also thinking about what I can have for a healthy snack in 3 hours....and so goes the day. I feel like it rules my world. As I type this, a thought,...its not even the food I love but the act of eating, if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong I love the flavor of food but its eating that excites me.

Oh well....just needed to share.

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think the thing to consider is...either way it's probably going to rule your world, so the better choice is to let it rule your world while you're getting thin and healthy. :)
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. But I will say now that I've been doing this consistently for 2+ months, that has changed so much for me. I plan out my day the night before and get my breakfast/snacks/lunch ready for the next day as well. I have taken out that daily element of "I'm hungry, what should I eat?" Now it's, "I'm hungry..." and I get my snack. I found that the less I *had* to think about food, the less my mind wandered and the less it ruled my world. It was hard but I did some main things that really helped - no fast food, make my lunch and take it to work, plan the day the night before, eat every couple of hours or so, no eating after dinner, no eating in front of tv, computer, etc. Another thing that helped - I switched my main focus so that I was creating a healthy lifestyle and not "losing weight." Of course I want to lose weight and that is a great benefit but the more focus I put on me as a whole and having a healthy lifestyle, the less I found my focus on food. That probably sounds corney.

Anyway, hang in there, you can do this! I do think it gets easier the longer you stick with it. I will tell you my home mentality has changed so much from just two months ago! Good luck!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you!!!! I have adapted to losing weight. And it isconstantly on my mind what I am having for a snack, etc.

But to be honest.....I still WANT all of the junk food. If it weren't for my weight getting out of hand and being a negative on my health - I would still eat all of the junk.
  • pyincessflossy
    Options
    i know exactly how u feel and planning the night before is helping me get my head around it and then i know ive got my meals and snacks planned out so i can look forward to them ..... i still crave all the crap i used to eat but like the earlier post said look at it as a healthy lifestyle rather than a diet ...... no doubt i will have my slip ups but we are only human but im right there with u too so hang in there it will come ..... i know im finding it difficult to get through my 1st week but i know when i step on the scales it will all of been worth it .... good luck xx
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    It was about 4.5 years ago that I began my weight loss venture..... Food has ruled my world EVERY SINGLE DAY since then.

It is very frustrating at times :grumble: