Options
HEY EVERYONE. I'M NEW AT THIS AND NOT TO COMPUTER LITERATE, HOPE I CAN FIGURE ALL THIS OUT.

Replies

• DamienRiceFan
    Options
    Welcome Laura ~ I've only been on for 3 days now & I'm addicted to recording meals & exercise. It looks like there is a lot of great people on here to offer support when you need it ...
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello... just take your time - the site is one of the simpliest ones out there in cyberland... You will do great!!:bigsmile:
  • lotter
    lotter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello Laura, I'm quite new here too, and not terribly computer literate. Would love to be able to put my photo on here and tickers, that sort of thing.

Anyway, been on MFP three weeks now and lost 7lbs, it's definitely given me the motivation I needed. It can get very addictive!

Good luck with it all.

L
    x
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Laura! This is only day 5 for me but I have already gotten such good advice from these posts. I am also trying to get my ticker on my posts so this is also an experiment to see if it shows up! (If it's not here you will know that I don't know what I am doing either!) Good luck and have a nice weekend!:flowerforyou:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    WELL....no ticker!!!:sad: I do not know what I am doing. (so much to learn....)
  • Guchick18
    Guchick18 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello, everyone I am new to this website, I thank god I found this website because it is so awesome!!!!!!!!!! but i am looking for friends i think it will help me not lose motivation.
  • kmapplonie
    kmapplonie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Fitness friends!
    Queen of dieting here!

Started on March 1st and on day 5 now! Im looking forward to getting back into my skinny girl clothes but am learning that it is going to take time, patience, and hard work instead of a so called miracle quick fix. I am not sure I understand the concept though. Am I supposed to mak up for the calories lost with working out? Meaning... Am I to eat the 300 calories that I lost with working out to get back to the 1700 calories a day and break even again or is it good to leave the ones I lose alone? So I eat 1700 calories worth of food and lose 200 with an exercise equaling "1500 calories for the day" instead?

Maybe I am thinking to hard?! Anywho! Totally excited to get my life back! Happy Friday everyone!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I would say eat the exercise cals and keep track of your progress. You can always decrease them later if you need to. I started out too low on my cals and didn't lose but when I started eating within 50 cals of what they told me to eat, it came off pretty fast.
  • kmapplonie
    kmapplonie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey thank you so much! I will try it!