The Peanut Butter + Keyboard Tragedy...Question

Options

Replies

• SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Most laptop key boards can be removed pretty easily. Just look up how to do so on the manufacturer's website or in the owners manual. Once removed you can easily clean it. Just make sure it is dry before replacing. Rubbing alcohol is a good cleaning medium.

Good advice
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    No water, no soap. I know that much.

You can also pop the keys of the keyboard off but you have to be very careful doing that.

and if you do this, remember to put them back on in the right okace. i mean "place"

But I like to create challenges for my children. It keeps them on their toes. I may have to rearrange all the letters, just for fun!
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We may or may not have had a similar incident with sweet chili sauce. We had to individually pop off each key on the entire key board and clean them very well using various q-tips, paper towels, rubbing alcohol, etc. That stuff is really sticky and spreadout all over the keyboard.

eta: q-tips work really well :)
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Get some lysol whipes and call it good. Other then that, pray. And hope it has the warrenty/insurance on it. Maybe the geek squad at your local best buy can help if it's truely amiss.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    i still say shark

You have my vote.
    Though a squid might work, too.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    You can also pop the keys of the keyboard off but you have to be very careful doing that.
    and if you do this, remember to put them back on in the right okace. i mean "place"

Where's the fun in that??
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    The Dog's tongue.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options

Where's the fun in that??

you know, i didnt even think of the fun aspect... maybe thats something i need to work on :happy:
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    you can get a new keyboard for $10
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    tongue?

It's my daughter's keyboard. Do you ever "really" know where your kids hands have been?

I don't WANT to know where my son's hands have been... gross
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have a ThinkPad, so I'd just take the keyboard off and clean it up with some hot soapy water (use Dawn) , rinse it really well under hot running water, then hit it with a blowdryer for a bit ... but ... not everyone has a ThinkPad.
  • SomerAngel
    SomerAngel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It wouldnt matter if the keys where swapped around mom I dont look at the key board when I type :P...... Thanks for all the methods ill usea tooth brush and Q tip to remove the remaining evidence... mean while mom I ban you from eating peanut butter near my lap top :)
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    It wouldnt matter if the keys where swapped around mom I dont look at the key board when I type :P...... Thanks for all the methods ill usea tooth brush and Q tip to remove the remaining evidence... mean while mom I ban you from eating peanut butter near my lap top :)

It's not like I killed it :grumble:
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i use hand wipes to clean junk off my computer...it works really well! also, try the q-tips with rubbing alcohol!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    you can get a new keyboard for $10
    Not on a laptop, you can't.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Busted!!! Love it! :)
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    hypothetically speaking...if i was in the room when it happened i would have spat my coffee all over you and choked on what little was left in my mouth while rolling around the floor laughing....hypothetically speaking of course 8D
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    You in trouble! Hypothetically of course.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    No water, no soap. I know that much.

But I like to create challenges for my children. It keeps them on their toes. I may have to rearrange all the letters, just for fun!
    thats hysterical! my husband kept saying, i cant get into your email. why not? did you change your password? nope. i got home and he was pressing the wrong keys. the ones i use all the time of course the letters were almost gone. the keys are in the same place they have been forever! thanks to my typing class in high school i know that but he uses the hunt n peck method!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Lie...peanut butter? What peanut butter?