um... this ok?

Options
Hello, I am over my carb limit by 2 but under my protein by 29 and fat i'm under by 32. Does this matter? I haven't gone over my calorie limit though.

Any tips for adding up calories of homemade meals eg. stirfried veg?

:smile: thanks

Replies

• marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am over my carb limit by 2 but under my protein by 29 and fat i'm under by 32. Does this matter? I haven't gone over my calorie limit though.

Any tips for adding up calories of homemade meals eg. stirfried veg?

:smile: thanks
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Im of the thought that you should get close to your calorie goal at all cost without going over. However, being under a little isnt going to hurt as much as going over.

I would look at what you are eating. im usually the other way slightly over on fat (protein shakes have loads) real close on protien (50% of my cals) and way under on carbs. I shoot for this but i know my body and carbs and sugar make me fat and fast.

check out this site someone posted it here before i have built my own foods using is and logged them here on MFP.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

good luck and keep up the good work.

Tim
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I just focus on the calories right now and do see that I go over or am under the other values but I'm not as concerned about that until I get the weight down or get closer to my ultimate goal and then I'm planning on another readjustment to balance things across the board.

So based on my planning I don't think you're doing badly.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Proteins are important for weight loss so You should work on that.
    Try to eat more low fat yogurt or lean meat like chicken.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    While 2 g of carbs won't make or break your diet. What rheston said makes sense. You should take a look at what your eating. If your hitting you're carbs but not comming close in other area's your probably eating a carb heavy diet. I would check out some alternatives, maybe try to replace one area of carbs with something else (like the yogurt that edyta said) or something like that. If you need help with replacing food types, give us some examples of a normal food plan for a day for you, we can help modify it for you if you like.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    According to many other fitness sites, I think MFP underestimates your protein needs especially if you are working out. I try to stick closer to the 40-30-30 ratio (40%carbs-30%fat-30%protein). I've always been real conscious of staying under my fat allowance but the other stuff not too strict. been at this since 1-8-08 and had great success! hope this helps.