i just dont get it?

Options
2»

Replies

• proudandprejudiced
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 92lbs... weight really means nothing. My bones aren't as dense as they should be which means I weigh less than I look, if you get what I mean. I also don't have much muscle mass. However, I don't want to build muscle - just lose fat, so I see where this girl (im being sexist and assuming the OP is a woman) is coming from.

I thought that I would also add that I recently had a doctor's check up and I'm perfectly healthy.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, if you're 5ft 1 and 112 pounds - why are you still trying to lose weight? Sounds pretty spot on to me. :smile:

I am 5'1" and 102. I am very small boned and have way to much bust and tummy still. I eat my TDEE - 20% = 1057 cal. a day. Would like to be under 100.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I would say only eat back your exercise cals once you have hit goal weight

no

NO.

NO!

NO.png

Plus this
    Personally, at your weight, I would aim for a half-pound per week.

And this
    Gotta say, if you're 5ft 1 and 112 pounds - why are you still trying to lose weight? Sounds pretty spot on to me. :smile:

keep-calm-and-just-say-no.png

Here is why you must eat -

Your brain
    Your lungs
    Your heart
    Your liver
    Your kidneys
    Your pancreas
    Your veins
    Your skin
    Your immune system
    Your speech
    Your hearing
    Your wanting to change the channels on the tv
    Your not being able to find the controller
    Your crossing the floor to try to figure out how to do it from the screen
    Your accusing your wife/husband/partner of hiding the controls
    Your walking on the remote in bare feet
    Your loud cursing
    Your eventually changing the channels on the tv
    Anything else I left out

..... this all takes fuel to run. Like a car engine needs petrol, diesel or electricity when it is in motion, 'uman beans (us) need a minimum amount of calories to function. Except we need it all the time, not just when we are hopping around the front room in agony cos we stepped on the sharp edged remote with our little tootsies.

You must burn about approximately 3500cals to lose a lb. A 1000cal a day (7000cal a week) difference between calories burned by living and exercise will mean you lose around 2lbs a week.

So if it takes 2200 cals to keep your engine ticking over, eating 1200 with no exercise will mean you lose 2lbs a week.

If you exercise, you use up your cals that your body needs to keep the engine running so you have to eat those to keep you in peak condition. So eating your engine ticking over level + your exercise cals burned keeps your body in tip-top condition and makes you fitter too. WIN.

You need to work around with the figures and find out what works for you.
    Some people need more cals than this, some need less. However in the majority of cases, the actual difference will not be wildly outside of the MPF ranges.
    Some have to eat more protein to keep them fuller for longer.
    Some have to eat more carbs as they already have very active lives outside of exercising to lose the weight.
    Some have to take a serious look at their sodium levels

..... and that's kind of it.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 92lbs... weight really means nothing. My bones aren't as dense as they should be which means I weigh less than I look, if you get what I mean. I also don't have much muscle mass. However, I don't want to build muscle - just lose fat, so I see where this girl (im being sexist and assuming the OP is a woman) is coming from.

I thought that I would also add that I recently had a doctor's check up and I'm perfectly healthy.
    Maybe it just me but it sounds like you might have an ed so please see a doctor hun.
  • supergirljen
    Options

Maybe it just me but it sounds like you might have an ed so please see a doctor hun.

Agree
  • SaintBock
    Options
    Um... she just mentioned she has seen a doctor and is perfectly healthy.
    Some people look larger than others at the same weight.
    I agree that a number doesn't mean much.

According to BMI I am edging towards the underweight area, but I know myself that I could stand to lose maybe 2-3 lbs in the stomach area, though it's not a big importance at the moment for me. I know I'm not underweight. I look fine except for that extra chub. It might also contribute that I've had an organ removed, but who knows how much an organ and a large cyst weigh? :P
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

Considering your height and weight, as well as the fact more than half your friends have names indicating possible disordered eating, I think it really is all about weight or a distorted body image for you. You shouldn't be looking at losing more fat at 92 lbs.
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    My body fat percentage is 18% lol. I'm perfectly healthy. This discussion isn't about my mental health, and I am struggling to believe that some of you think that you can diagnose someone from one comment. My BMR is 1150 and I eat above that.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    What is your goal body fat percentage? And why don't you want to replace the lean body mass you've lost through calorie restriction?
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options

I believe that last sentence says that she has, hun.