Goal Reached: 5' 7" Down 20 lbs. with Pictures

Options
mara9999
mara9999 Posts: 28 Member
BeforeAfterSmall_zps628c4ca3.jpg

I reached my goal weight today! It took me longer than I thought it would to lose 20 pounds, but I'm so happy the day is finally here. :) I joined back in July with a few friends, I met more friends on the site, and we've all been supporting each other ever since. I feel like I've finally been able to make a healthy lifestyle change. It doesn't feel like I've been on a diet for 6 months!

I just wanted to share my story and picture of what a 20 pound weight loss looks like on someone my height to provide motivation to any newbies who might need it. When I first started, I loved looking through the success stories to see all the people who'd worked so hard and reached their goals.

I love sweets and having a glass of wine here and there, so I didn't want to give those things up entirely for the sake of weight loss. I still went to dinners out, friend's birthdays, ate cake, celebrated, and still managed to slowly lose the weight. I worked out on a second hand elliptical fairly regularly, but slacked off a little when life got hectic. I'm going to work hard to continue to keep the weight off. I hope to see all MyFitnessPal friends meet their goals soon too.

If you're just starting, the best advice I can give is to find supportive and positive people to join the journey with you. It makes all the difference in the world. Best of luck!

Replies

• erinpooh
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats!
  • weldergirl15
    weldergirl15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Nice work
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    Amazing job! Well worth the effort! Much respect, and keep on hitting those goals!
  • Dopie2
    Dopie2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - thank you for sharing : )
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow...what a difference 20lbs makes! Well done.
  • grnqueen
    grnqueen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look GREAT!
  • axelorate
    axelorate Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Dang. I hope my hips and thighs look like yours when I'm done.

Great job!
  • kadoozieK
    Options
    OMG those are my exact stats. I was 135 (last time) about 3.5 years ago and shot up to 175 lbs. Managed to lose the first 20 lbs but now fluctuate from 145-155 (ok.....160 if I'm binging a lot) and am focused on 135 lbs. Most times my eating habits keep me at 155 but I know that I can get my goal body back!!

I like that you still have sweets (and wine!!!!!!!!!). I am not willing to go on crazy diets (or give up alcohol:drinker: ) to lose these 30 lbs. But I want to be healthy. Its all about balance. Exercise is the easy part (for me) but moderation in eating, instead of unhealthy cycling is my obstacle.

You are an inspiration!!!! BMI charts say that 154 at 5'7'' is healthy, but it is on the edge. Its all about how the person feels at goal. And I'm on a one-way train to 135-town!!

Hugs!
  • brittainreallife
    brittainreallife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for posting this, I am 5'7'' and I definitely wanted to see how i would look once I lost 20 pounds!! You look fantastic and so healthy. It sounds like you did so well using MFP with your friends. I am starting 10 lbs heavier than you and hoping to hit 140ish. I really appreciate you posting. I'm going to friend request you so I can see what you did. Congrats!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My goal is 20.
  • stacyb99
    stacyb99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing-- It's great to see your success. I am just staring on a journey to lose 30 lbs--Totally motivational-- I am 5'7' too ---You look amazing :)
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    WOW you look incredible!
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    you look great!! i cant wait to post mine. im aiming 30 lbs to lose for six months. still 2 months to go and 10 lbs need to lose.
    :drinker: yea good job girl!
  • DeniseBarone
    DeniseBarone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd like you both to friend me because I need to lose 15 pounds and I'd like to do it by June 1.
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! However, I'd love to be your "before"!!!
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This post was absolutely inspiring to me! I'm 5'6" and 150lbs trying to get down to 125-130. You look incredible at 135lbs and I'm stoked to get there too!!
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, can I add you as a friend? you look amazing... and I have almost the same issue as you.... 5'7.... started at 151lbs..... need to go down to 128lbs....
    Congratulations!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!!! Great Job!!!! I hope that I look remotely that good when I get close to my goal. Great JOB!!!!!
  • dohaaboubakr
    dohaaboubakr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And thank you so much for sharing! I'm 5'7" and starting at 154 lbs! It's so funny, we have a very very similar body type/physique so I feel very inspired :) Thanks again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!