Help Evaluate My Diary!!!

Options
I am losing 1 to 1.5 pounds per week pretty consistently. My goal is to keep losing that amount. My diary is public. Need advice on what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

Replies

• bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You are not eating any breakfast, need to kick start your metabolism.

How much water are you drinking?

How much exercise are you doing?

Avoid any thing out of a packet that has more than 2 ingredients because it will be so refined that your body will absorb it too quickly
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Sir,your diary is filled with absolute crap..have you ever heard of a vegetable? your sodium levels are through the roof,and most importantly,you had poptarts the other day. poptarts are a dirty,dirty food. Shame.
  • keepersmom8
    Options
    Add in fruits and vegetables.
    Cut (way) back on sodium and sugar.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Avoid any thing out of a packet that has more than 2 ingredients because it will be so refined that your body will absorb it too quickly
    I just don't have time for breakfast, unless it's a donut or a McMuffin.
    I used to drink just water, but I have become addicted to Diet Coke, so maybe 16 ounces a day.
    I am just doing cardio 3 days a week right now and light lifting one day until my elbow and shoulder heals.
  • cedarghost
    Options
    Add in fruits and vegetables.
    Cut (way) back on sodium and sugar.
    I have been trying to buy more apples and bananas. But have really slacked the last couple of weeks.
  • cedarghost
    Options
    Sir,your diary is filled with absolute crap..have you ever heard of a vegetable? your sodium levels are through the roof,and most importantly,you had poptarts the other day. poptarts are a dirty,dirty food. Shame.
    But they were fruit flavored Pop Tarts.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

Firstly please ignore the first part of this post, makes no difference.

Your diary is full of garbage food, but that wont necessarily stop you from losing weight, as long as you maintain a deficit. You are always better off eating whole foods for the majority of your diet though, for health reasons.
  • riverlike
    Options
    Try to think about the snacks you eat. Your "small" bowl of cereal added up to 330 calories! Try eating carrots, a small

handful(15ish) of almonds, popcorn( 20cal per cup). Don't eat out at all! If you have to eat out then don't go somewhere and get

Mexican or Italian heavy, fatty try Subway salads. :smile: Good Luck!
  • cedarghost
    Options
    Try to think about the snacks you eat. Your "small" bowl of cereal added up to 330 calories! Try eating carrots, a small

handful(15ish) of almonds, popcorn( 20cal per cup). Don't eat out at all! If you have to eat out then don't go somewhere and get

Mexican or Italian heavy, fatty try Subway salads. :smile: Good Luck!
    I can do Subway, I forgot about them!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You are losing 1-1.5 lbs a week? What is it you want to change?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Sure you could eat more salty processed junk food if you really tried hard!!

Is this for real? Hmmmmm.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing. You are eating ALOT of sugar and very little fiber and vegetables. I know how hard it is when a person is busy to not go thru the drive thru every day. I admit I do it often as I work two jobs. And there are not a lot of healthy foods that you can eat on the run. A salad takes time to eat. And you have a generous calorie allowance as opposed to people like me where we get 1350. And having that many calories makes it easier to indulge. I say indulge but cut it down to one or two treats a day. I TRY emphasis on try to build my meals around a healthy protein then add something with as much fiber as possible (think whole grains only if it is a carb) and then fill in the blanks with vegetables. And I give myself an allotment of treats but again with fiber. I really like the coconut bars as even though they have sugar they also have a pretty high fiber content. So it is guilt free :) Almonds are a great snack. And someone said something about eating breakfast and this is true. I see you like eggs. One of my favorite breakfasts is some eggs on a piece of 100% whole wheat toast. Since you can eat more calories you might like 3-4 eggs and 2 slices of toast. And a piece of fruit. VERY VERY satisfying. Good Luck!

(also I recently started packing my meals in a frozen lunch box. I make salads the night before and pack the dressing on the side, along with snacks like low fat string cheese, fruit and almonds and fat free yogurts, my other go too is sandwiches that I bring from home. I just put the pickles and veggies in a separate baggie so nothing gets soggy. HTH)
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Are you serious you eat junk...try some whole foods fruits, veggies, and lean protien stay away from all that processed crap. Drink lots of water and exercise.
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating 5 and 6 ice creams at once?? Weight Watcher ice creams are good in moderation, but if you are eating the whole box then it defeats the purpose.
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If you MUST fast-food, skip fatty sauces like mayo or ranch dressing. It's not a major change, but it's a good step to take.
  • rockymtnlove
    Options

I just don't have time for breakfast, unless it's a donut or a McMuffin.
    I used to drink just water, but I have become addicted to Diet Coke, so maybe 16 ounces a day.
    I am just doing cardio 3 days a week right now and light lifting one day until my elbow and shoulder heals.

It takes less time to grab an apple and a clif bar or something like that from your house than to go sit in a drive thru for a breakfast sandwich hardly made of real food.
  • cedarghost
    Options
    Why are you eating 5 and 6 ice creams at once?? Weight Watcher ice creams are good in moderation, but if you are eating the whole box then it defeats the purpose.
    Yeah. I kind of thought about that.
  • CandiSki
    CandiSki Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think you need to add more vegetables and fruits to your diet. Also, you should eat a healthy breakfast. Anything multi-grain is great, whole wheat bread, brown rice, etc and it will fill you up. Lean meats, like chicken or fish are good to stick with also. I would also suggest not eating too much fast food. Drink lots of water and exercise more often.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Are you making a documentary or a book on how to eat fast food and still lose weight?

My arteries contracted a bit looking at your foods.

I did spy some lean pork in there so well done.

If the OP is serious about some diary help - try making up a batch of morning muffins (you can do it - if you can make coffee you can make muffins) with bacon or ham, tomato, cheese etc and freezing them. Night before work put a couple out the defrost. Heat 10-20 secs in your microwave and BAM. Instant breakfast.

If not serious and just wanted to show off your doughnuts, KFCs and McWhatevers then troll away.
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe from my blog that is SUPER FAST and you can prepare it in advance.

"Faux Tuna Salad Sandwich"

Calories: 200 Fat: 3g Carbs: 19g Protein: 20g Servings: 1 open-face sandwich

Ingredients:

1/2 can (2oz.) tuna
    5 sprigs of fresh parsley cut up
    onion powder
    black pepper
    1 Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedge
    1 slice whole wheat toast (no high fructose corn syrup-make sure you check!!)

Optional:
    -thin sliced celery
    -diced onions
    -tomato slices
    -lettuce
    -whatever you imagine!

This is super simple. Drain the tuna. In a small bowl, combine tuna, seasonings, and cheese spread. You can add a small amount of milk if it needs to be wetter. For your bread, there are many options. I like to spread a tiny amount of olive oil on the griddle and toast over low heat (250-300), but a toaster will work fine. Or you don’t have to toast the bread at all. You can premake the tuna mix and store it in the fridge for a couple days. Substitute canned chicken if you hate tuna.

You can look at my diary if you want. I eat a lot of healthy every day, and some treats too!
This discussion has been closed.