Anyone just starting the 30 Day Shred?

Options

Replies

• kaylacyr123
    kaylacyr123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses! I best get started- Hoping to keep up with it and see some results:) Anyone who plans on starting as well feel free to add me and we can support each other!
  • kaylacyr123
    Options
    how do you guys add the levels on here?
  • powlist
    powlist Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started this today, Level 1, Day 1
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    Options
    I am on my 8th day. I love it. still on level one, but will begin kevel 2 on the 11th day. also do my normal cardio as well.
  • rachellem3
    rachellem3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2, just started
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 day three and am starting to feel like my endurance is getting better. I don't feel like I am dying by the end of it anymore. lol
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks back. I'm still on level 1. Feel free to add me! Oh and btw....I was soooo sore after the first day. I couldn't get up or down without moaning. LOL.
  • rachellem3
    rachellem3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 day three and am starting to feel like my endurance is getting better. I don't feel like I am dying by the end of it anymore. lol

oh that's good to know. the first 2 days definitely kicked my butt
  • Swibbels01
    Swibbels01 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'd quite like to do this but I don't have the dvd! Is it possible to download it?

People have found it on Youtube, but i bought it at walmart for $10

I have finished day 3 level 1
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I use 30 Day Shred off and on combined with other workouts. Last year, I completed 30 Day Shred twice for 30 days straight each time. Hang in there! It gets easier!
  • quadgirlkim46
    quadgirlkim46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started a couple days ago...I find it hard with all the jumping. It's hard but soooo worth it. I wear my Fitbit and usually burn around 100 calories so everytime I exercise I try to aim for more calories burned. It's fun to challenge yourself. I gained so much weight I cant fit into my jeans anymore and I refuse to buy bigger. I am hoping to fit back into my jeans soon as I live out of jogging pants. You have to find something that motivates you....mine is revenge on all the people who think I cant do it...Im going to prove to myself and everone I CAN do it. Just thinking about wearing a bikini this summer, fitting into my clothes motivates me and of course all the people here...
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this but I'm currently VERY out of shape and have asthma so I'm considering myself in training to do it. Also, I asked my BF and he's pretty sure me doing this every day for a month would annoy him- we live in a small studio. I'm hoping that if I give myself time I can find a solution to that problem.
  • lblackerby
    Options
    The program is as follows:

Workout 30 days straight...

Level 1 for the 1st 10 days (workouts)
    Level 2 for the workout days 11-20
    Level 3 for the workout days 21-30

Modify, if you need to. For example, if you feel you need to stay on Level 1 longer - Just do that until you are ready to move up. I stayed on Level 2 for two extra workouts before I felt I was ready to go to Level 2. I went to Level 2 today - WOW! Some of the moves are definitely harder. However, I suspect I will struggle through Level 2 for several workouts (like I did initially in Level 1) before I don't feel like I was dying afterwards (LOL). When I am ready for Level 3, I'll move on. However, I suspect I will remain on Level 2 for at least 12-15 workouts.

Hope this helps and best of luck to ya ;-)
  • kaylacyr123
    Options
    I really want to do this but I'm currently VERY out of shape and have asthma so I'm considering myself in training to do it. Also, I asked my BF and he's pretty sure me doing this every day for a month would annoy him- we live in a small studio. I'm hoping that if I give myself time I can find a solution to that problem.

I'd suggest doing the 30 day shred but taking breaks when needed and doing it somewhat at your own pace! About your BF you should talk to him about how important your health is to you and in general. Plus its only half an hour of the day maybe start when he gets in the shower or something like that, that way he wont hear it much
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options

I'd suggest doing the 30 day shred but taking breaks when needed and doing it somewhat at your own pace! About your BF you should talk to him about how important your health is to you and in general. Plus its only half an hour of the day maybe start when he gets in the shower or something like that, that way he wont hear it much

Thanks for the ideas. Based on the info ITT I think I could try doing the level one for longer, maybe doing it 10 times every other day or 3 times a week and then going from there based on how I feel. We both went from part time work to full time work this month so things are kind of stressful, which is a part of it for him, I think, along with the changes I've been making. I am thinking I may try to set a specific starting date and compromise to do something he would like me to do in exchange. He knows getting healthier is something I've been wanting to do for a long time and he's been very supportive but because of the small living space and us not having much cash changes for me mean changes for him, too, somewhat, and I don't want to do anything too fast.
  • kaylacyr123
    Options
    That's a good idea! One big plus about the 30day shred is, no gym membership fees and it is on youtube for free. Maybe he could do it with you if he is mobile and up for it? It could be something fun for you guys to do together and then he wouldn't be so annoyed. I am glad he is supportive of you getting healthier :) I think the start date is a good idea and remember to set small achievable and realistic goals- that way you wont be struck with disapointment! good luck x
  • lblackerby
    Options
    I began the 30 Day Shred on January 1st. I just completed my third day on level 2. I was nervous about moving up...and the first day was VERY difficult; however, Day 2 was significantly easier (/shrug/), but Day 3 (this evening) was seemingly harder, but not as bad as the first day...

The part I find the most difficult at this point is the strength building in the arms (weight - I use 3 lbs). My arms feel like they are going to fall off - LOL. I have found that I need to stop for about 5 seconds every once in a while just to muster enough strength to get the last few reps in. I expect it will get easier by the time I should move on to Level 3. We'll see (fingers-crossed)!

Good luck all :-)
  • Jazzmin81
    Jazzmin81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I´m on D7 Level 1 and loving it so far. Feel free to add me if you´d like to!
  • fevermaps
    fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and my quads hurt so bad! I am having trouble walking up and down the stairs and sitting on the toilet! Ha. I know it will be worth it in the end though! :)
  • Mandybean88
    Options
    I started level 2 last night . It was hard but not AS evil as I expected. Some of the moves will take more co-ordination and practise but I actually prefer them as they're not based on jumping up and down repeatedly (I'm very booby and find the star jumps and jump rope really painful!)
    In the first few days of level 1 I was crippled. I could barely get up and downstairs or sit on the loo and everything hurt all the time but I kept pushing through with my workouts (the exercising actually did the opposite of what I expected, and made my legs feel better as it was warming up and loosening the muscles) After a few days it stopped hurting and I saw huge improvements in how I could manage the workouts :)