people who have lost 100lbs or more

Options
Hi. im mainly aiming this at people who have lost a lot of weight but any comments welcome....
i am currently 218lbs :( and i need to lose literally up to half of me to fit in an healthy range for my height. my biggest main concern is excess skin, im only 22 coming and have a young boy and the thought of having excess skin terrifys me. it even brings me to a point where i am actually considering not losing weight because of it. i desperatly need and want to lose weight. anyone who has comments on how they did or any advice please drop a line or two...

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    There are going to be a bunch of different variables like Age, genetics, how much did you get up too, how long did you carry the extra weight, etc... Everyone is going to be different and no matter what your health is far more important than the loose skin, your son needs you around for years to come. I knew going in that I would be left with a ton of loose skin and even though it was a concern getting my life back under control was far more important because chances are had I not made the choice to change 42 months ago at 560 lbs. there is a really good chance I would not be here today. All that being said I ended up having a total circumferential body lift alittle over 3 1/2 months ago to have 17 lbs,. of loose skin removed. Had to second mortgage the house to pay for it but I needed it and insurance didn't want to help (some will but mine didn't). Just don't let the loose skin stop you from losing the weight being so young and your skin having alot of elasticity you may be surprised how much it rebounds... Best of Luck.....