Headed back in the wrong direction.

Options
Hey everybody! About ten years ago I was at 270 pounds, almost 100 over where I should be. I've never been successful with "programs" but through the old-fashioned way of exercising and watching the food intake I was able to lose 78 pounds over about 18 months.

Over the past year I've let my weight creep back up. Just lazy - absolutely no excuses (valid ones anyway). My waist size is up 5 inches and it really hit me the other day while looking in the mirror - all that hard work was slowly being erased. This can't happen. I never again want to experience how it made me feel physically or emotionally to be so overweight. I don't need to win ab contests or anything like that. I just want to feel good about myself.

I downloaded myfitnesspal and on January 6th of this year started toward my goal. I'm down 8 pounds in 6 days but know that's just the initial drop and it will slow as it should. It makes me feel good to have a successful start.

This is my first post but I've been reading the initial posts from the other new people here. I feel a very familiar pain in the words of some. Just remember that no matter how bad you might feel, there are so many in the exact same situation. You're never alone. ;-)