heart rate monitor and scale

Options
I am looking to buy a heart rate monitor, which can tell me how many calories I burn during a workout, and a new scale. They do not have to sync with my computer but it would be nice. Which ones are the best? Thanks

Replies

• ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have the same question
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT4, it works great, keeps a record, shows calories and avg heart rate. Does not sync with the computer but I believe some of the more advanced polar models do. Browsing around the forums a lot of people recommend the Polar brand and I haven't had a problem with mine. As far as a scale I just use a digital one from walmart... As long as you get a reasonably nice one you can judge how much weight you've lost.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 HRM - works great. They are around $70 at Target, but I picked up a new on eBay for $26. :bigsmile: Would have gone for a Polar as well, but the NB auction ended first and i won, so there ya go. :tongue:

My scale is a digital one I bought years ago at Costco. Nothing fancy, but does the job.
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just got a Polar FT7 and I love it. I bought it off of amazon for $80 :)
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I got a polar ft40. I had another monitor that never wore b/c the strap was uncomfy, but the polar strap is divine! I don't even know I'm wearing it.
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 for Christmas and I love it. For a scale, I have a Taylor Glass Digital Scale. Neither sync with each other. Love them both.
  • kerriotto
    Options
    I just bought a Garmin FR70 because it does synch with the computer. I haven't received it yet so fingers crossed it works out!
  • prncsleah819
    Options
    Just bought a Polar FT7. Thanks everyone for your help :smile: