Wow... I need help.

Options
So, school has gotten to me. I stopped going to Fresno State, moved back to my hometown and now going to a community college. It's not anywhere where I wanted to be now, and neither is my weight. I lost 20 pounds in the first 3-4 weeks I was here.
And now, I've taken such a long break, it feels like I'll never be able to come back again.
I really need some motivation, people! I'm a young music student, striving to work in rehab, while also fixing my own problems.
Motivational quotes, inspiring stories, or anything supportive would be lovely.

Replies

• cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    So, school has gotten to me. I stopped going to Fresno State, moved back to my hometown and now going to a community college. It's not anywhere where I wanted to be now, and neither is my weight. I lost 20 pounds in the first 3-4 weeks I was here.
    And now, I've taken such a long break, it feels like I'll never be able to come back again.
    I really need some motivation, people! I'm a young music student, striving to work in rehab, while also fixing my own problems.
    Motivational quotes, inspiring stories, or anything supportive would be lovely.
  • tekrueger
    tekrueger Posts: 85
    Options
    Sorry Tiffany that you are feeling down and out.
    I know how that is about changing schools and just NOT being where you want to be...been there, done that (about 20 years ago!).
    Now, I don't really know what your situation is and all so let me just tell you something about my experience that you might find of use in some manner.
    For me it was getting clear with what I wanted for ME not for anyone else and that was important for me to come to grips with as a young guy. Community college (up in Seattle - Seattle Central CC :smile: ) was great and I didn't take advantage of it. There were great teachers that cared in a really supportive environment and cool students too and I just didn't take advantage of it thinking in part I should be somewhere else. Think about taking advantage of the CC for now and transfer out after a bit or after two years.
    Remember, as our companions in this site remind us, we are where we are now not by chance and not overnight, and improvements don't come overnight either. So don't be so hard on yourself, keep using this site and see the changes so you can better choose to improve your life. :flowerforyou:
    Thomas
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    Thanks for the support.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Well, sometimes when I start feeling like I'm not where I want to be, I try to turn it around and think that this is where I'm supposed to be, even though it's hard. I agree with the previous post. Make the most of where you are. You can get back on track and do something positive for yourself. Going to school PLUS maintaining everything else is not easy. Hang in there. It will be worth it. :flowerforyou: