What is best wheat bread?

Options
2»

Replies

• sylvabelle89
    sylvabelle89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love Daves's Killer Bread, he has a powerseed kind, so tasty, no preservatives, all natural. So soft and yummy!

Where the hell do you buy this?!?!
  • fitjenbullock
    Options
    If you must eat bread try spelt.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I love Daves's Killer Bread, he has a powerseed kind, so tasty, no preservatives, all natural. So soft and yummy!

Costco is the best place. Nearly half price there for a pack of 2 loaves. I think it has limited distribution. Pretty sure you can only find it in the Northwest.
  • KittyCannibal
    Options
    Stroehmann Dutch Country only 90 calories
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel 4:9

this!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Costco is the best place. Nearly half price there for a pack of 2 loaves. I think it has limited distribution. Pretty sure you can only find it in the Northwest.

I've never seen it here. I may have to check Costco on my next trip. The only low calorie bread I've seen is the Sara Lee 45 calorie ones.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    any whole grain bread that doesn't have high fructose corn syrup is fine.

personally i grab bread at a health food store that has like 6 total ingredients, but you don't have to be that crazy.

Arnolds Stoneground Wheat is a great, widely available choice
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

I've never seen it here. I may have to check Costco on my next trip. The only low calorie bread I've seen is the Sara Lee 45 calorie ones.

Dave's Killer bread isn't low calorie. It's a wholesome bread with something like 110 calories per slice. They do have a "light" version which was mentioned above, but I *think* the light version is nothing but a smaller loaf with smaller slices!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I like arnolds whole wheat.