Anyone else prefer to work out late night?

Options
I just feel like I don't perform well in the morning. I can't give it my all anytime before lunchtime.

I feel like everyone gets their workouts in first thing in the morning.

Where are all my night owls at!?

Replies

• Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The only time I can workout is after dinner. I work from 8-5 and so evening just fits into my schedule better. I also find I sleep better (deeper sleep?) in the morning hours so I hesitate to wake up early to do a workout and deprive my body of peak sleep hours-if that makes sense.
  • BluNinjaneer
    BluNinjaneer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favorite time to work out is between 8pm and 10pm. I am most definitely a night owl, and find it impossible to wake up before work and go to the gym; hell, most days I have a hard time waking up to actually get to work on time (but that's a whole other issue).

Part of the reason why I work out late is because I do not feel invigorated after hitting the gym. Maybe if I felt that surge of energy I would be more apt to get that morning workout in....
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I work out between 6 and 9 pm, the few times I have tried working out before noon my work outs have sucked. I do much better later in the evening. I am not a morning person, I get my most restful sleep from 6-8 am so going to the gym in the am just doesn't work for me.
  • I do most of my exercise between 9pm and 12am. Sometimes I do yoga even later if I can't sleep. Partly it's having a kid who prevents any matwork/weights-work while she's awake, and partly old habit. I am far more alive at night than I am in the mornings. But I still prefer morning workouts to afternoon ones.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Yep! I cannot workout hard early in the day. I always exercise after dinner, usually around 10 pm - or later!
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yes, I prefer to work out at night as I can workout harder then and I'm not a morning person
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I do because there aren't that many people at the gym
  • skilly16
    Options
    Yep! Last night it got to around 10:30pm and I started my workout. Strange, but it's when I feel most motivated and up for it!!
  • damiannikodem
    damiannikodem Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I tend to later at night due to having to work from when I wake up until late at night & 6 kids its just easiest to do it that way...

I have a alarm for 10:30pm specifically to remind me to start.

But I did build a gym in my garage specifically for that purpose.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out in the morning. It's a great way to start the day. During the week i have to work out in the evening. I can't do it too late though or I won't be able to sleep.
  • NHTravelMaven
    NHTravelMaven Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've tried working out in the morning and afternoon, but just am unmotivated and have a bad workout.. I also am very tired afterwards, so the closer to bedtime the better. I need to shower and sleep after my workout to rejuvenate. It has to do with being hypoglycemic for me. I thought I was weird for doing it this way...but it seems I'm not alone!