Top travel location you have EVER been, regardless of cost.

Options

Replies

• gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Inis Mor in the Aran Islands off the west coast of Ireland,no shops no traffic no nightlife a couple of small pubs plenty music singing dancing and fun!best place on earth its cold wild with plenty of miles to walk run and cycle! its across the water from Galway 10 minute flight 40 minutes on the ferry!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the south of France. I lived in Avignon, Provence for the 3rd year of uni (French degree) and had an amazing time. Just the city itself, the history, the people, the shops, the weather etc. Of course, I was a student then with no care in the world really, but i know if I went back there i'd have these great memories.

I went to Guardalavaca, Cuba for my honeymoon and that was fantastic. Cuban people are the nicest people, and the place is beautiful - stunning beaches, amazing weather.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I havent been many places but i did enjoy Dublin, Tenerife and Turkey. Wasnt so keen on cyprus or Corfu.

Would love to go to Florida one day

Go, Ireland! Next time you're here, go to Galway... it's the best city in Ireland!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Malta - very historic, very different from anywhere else I've been.

Vancouver, Canada - urban chic with great mountains & sea.

Galway, Ireland - a wonderful city to visit - full of pubs, shops, food and art/culture.

Galway is where I live! Yay!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Inis Mor in the Aran Islands off the west coast of Ireland,no shops no traffic no nightlife a couple of small pubs plenty music singing dancing and fun!best place on earth its cold wild with plenty of miles to walk run and cycle! its across the water from Galway 10 minute flight 40 minutes on the ferry!

I <3 Galway and it's my home!
  • JDAlder
    JDAlder Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Rome :D
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I havent been many places but i did enjoy Dublin, Tenerife and Turkey. Wasnt so keen on cyprus or Corfu.

Would love to go to Florida one day

Go, Ireland! Next time you're here, go to Galway... it's the best city in Ireland!

I've heard magnificent things about Galway so i shall put that on my list!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I haven't done much traveling, none out of the country. My kind of vacation is out in nature, hiking, canoeing, REAL camping without electricity, and nature that is untouched by the world. When I was a teenager, I went with a group to Boundary Waters.
    It's a group of lakes on the border of Canada and Minnesota.
    Absolutely beautiful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundary_Waters_Canoe_Area_Wilderness
  • ralston0123
    ralston0123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia Canada
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have never travelled outside my own country but hopefully get to travel around Europe next year
  • JDAlder
    JDAlder Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have never travelled outside my own country but hopefully get to travel around Europe next year

Once you're in Europe, travel is cheap to bounce around
  • LoulouRuns
    LoulouRuns Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Northern India and Nepal, unforgetable.

Riding around on the back of a moped in Vietnam sunset was also pretty amazing!
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Iceland - amazing scenery (and very good weather when I was there)
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Galapagos Islands and Antarctica.

Galapagos is epic for the wildlife.

Antarctica is epic for the extreme remoteness and the fact it's so untouched.

I'm envious!
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    I can't pick one... maybe I can go for a top 5

Iceland in the winter - beautiful, so much to do and the weather just makes for more adventure
    London - Ok, so I live there now but once upon a time I was a tourist and there really is just so much to do (kept me busy for 6 touristy weeks!). Especially nice around Christmas time.
    Bangkok - A lot of people say it was their least favourite part of Thailand but I liked it a lot, I guess I'm a city girl!
    Oslo - Lovely city with very friendly locals - lots of water scenery
    And a tie between Venice and Nice, both beautiful with amazing food

Honourable mention for Sydney but that's just a bit too much like home to make the list :)

My least favourite was Paris when I first went but had a better time the 2nd time around and Greece.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Berlin, Germany. It's the first city I've ever been to and thought "wow, I need to LIVE here, this city is me" the whole time I was there. And I've been to a lot of great cities.

This totally! Chance would be a fine thing. Mind you The Great Wall was definitely worth the trip to China, and I can recommend that as well.
  • UKRaven75
    UKRaven75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hisaronu & Fethiye in Turkey for relaxation and Ephesus and Pammukale for pure wow factor, steeped in history has great weather and is reasonably priced, off to Istanbul for a week in July before going off to Hisaronu to rejoin the wife and kids for 2nd part of summer hols (History and culture just does not interest her lol)
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    Berlin, Germany. It's the first city I've ever been to and thought "wow, I need to LIVE here, this city is me" the whole time I was there. And I've been to a lot of great cities.

I love Berlin too, also worth a trip to the Christmas markets!
  • crowesnest16
    crowesnest16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hong Kong for me.... was born there and met my husband there - now live in Scotland but went back there last summer to take my teenage children so I could show them where I grew up. They loved it as much as I did. A bit of everything, culture, beaches, walking, food, shopping, temples, boat rides, dolphin watching, weather, food again!

Would recommend to everyone if you can go -love it and will be back!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Dubai! Great place for food, shopping and a load of activities :)