Ticker Goal

Options
Hi there... I'm curious if you use your ticker for shorter goals or if you have it display/calculate your final end goal .... and why. I have 75-100 pounds to lose and right now my ticker reflects that, but I'm wondering if I should choose smaller goals and track that....
thoughts? advice?

Thanks!

...scatter joy...

Replies

• phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

My ticker displays my immediate goal, and I update it as I go. Actually, my immediate goal is the same my long term goal because it keeps changing all the time.

When I first started out, I didn't believe that I could get under 110kg. I would have been happy to stop there when I first started out. When I got to 110, I reajusted my goal to 100kg. When I got there, I changed it to 90 kg. At the moment, I can't see myself below that number...ever...so I'm not changing it. At 90kg, I will evaluate how I feel.

For me, it's all about realistic, attainable goals... If I set my ticker at 76 kg (the upper limit of the "healthy" BMI range for my height), all I would think is "Oh dear...I've got SOOOOO far to go...I'm never going to make it...and I don't even think I want to ever be there". It would serve to be a dis-incentive, rather than a motivator.

But each to their own.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I have it set as my main goal. I like seeing the huge difference - it helps keep me motivated :)