a little disapointed

Options
:indifferent: Today was my first weigh-in, one week from my "official" start. I am down one pound, which I guess is better than nothing, but I was hoping for a little more, esp. considering I weighed myself several times during the week and I was down 2 lbs a couple days ago. I didn't eat anything particularly salty or anything like that yesterday, so I shouldn't be retaining water. In fact, I was under my 1200 calorie limit yesterday but I just wasn't that hungry, so I figured why eat when I'm not hungry?

hopefully next week will be better. I guess I would feel better if it wasn't so close to my starting weight.

Replies

• keepontrying74
    Options
    :indifferent: Today was my first weigh-in, one week from my "official" start. I am down one pound, which I guess is better than nothing, but I was hoping for a little more, esp. considering I weighed myself several times during the week and I was down 2 lbs a couple days ago. I didn't eat anything particularly salty or anything like that yesterday, so I shouldn't be retaining water. In fact, I was under my 1200 calorie limit yesterday but I just wasn't that hungry, so I figured why eat when I'm not hungry?

hopefully next week will be better. I guess I would feel better if it wasn't so close to my starting weight.
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Don't worry about it. It's alot more reassuring to lose 1Ilb - 2Ilbs in a week than it is to lose 5Ilbs. It might be exciting to have lost 5Ilbs but in the end you want to sustain and weight you lose and not put it all back on again really quickly once you loosen up on the diet following!!!!!! For a start that causes cellulite, stretch marks and makes you feel crappy.

If you lose a steady Ilb a week then you know you're losing weight healthily and sensibly and in the end it'll be worth it.

Listen you could have lost a stone in JUST 14 weeks. No that doesn't sound so bad does it!!!!

:tongue:
  • keepontrying74
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance :embarassed: , but how much is a stone? I always wondered...
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    14 Ilbs :smile:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I wouldn't worrie about being close to your initial weight. Your body is adjusting and 1 lbs is great!, it might not be the 1 Stone we all hope lol, but really you're doing well.

It might be worth trying to eat your daily cals, i have a problem eating mine especially when after the gym i have anouther 700 to eat :noway:

I have no appitite at the mo so every time i eat i'm almost forcing myself. All that said i can simpathise with not eating if i'm not hungry, but after a week of that i thought maybe i should make myself lol

Well done on the loss!

Al
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    make sure you eat all of your calories! 1200 cal/day is really the lowest amount that a person should consume in order for the body to function properly in a completely inactive state. there are very informative posts about this if you search the past message boards. i actually ended up changing my goals from 1200 cal/day to 1400 cal/day after reading them!

but don't be disappointed...1 lb in 1 week is something to be proud of! keep it up!!!!!
  • keepontrying74
    Options
    that's where I was last night - finished woring out at 9pm and realized that I had about 450 more calories to eat, but I didn't feel like it.

I think part of the issue is that I'm already mad at myself. I have this vacation planned at the end of June and I SOO do not want to be the size I am now. If I had started in January like I meant to and not procrastinated for 2 1/2 months, I would probably already be down that stone. Plus my goal is 38 lbs, so 1 feels like a drop in the bucket. But I am trying to focus on the fact that I am eating better and exercising and the real point here is to be healthier, so if I keep on improving my health evetually it should show in my weight.....right? I don't really care about the number, just that it's an indicator of how much I have not taken care of myself over the past couple years.

Also I'm a little spoiled - when I joined ww a few years ago (my starting weight was 2 pounds less than Iam now, btw), I lost 7 lbs my first week - clearly I was retaining a ton of water. I was kind of hoping that was the case now as well, and I guess I felt bad that it's all actual extra weight.

But I thank you all for your input, I appreciate it very much. :flowerforyou: