Getting going

Options
I'm finding the weight creeps up as I get older and the xmas pies get harder to shift and I'm married to a very good cook.. Would love to get back to my wedding day weight - just 13 lbs to shift now, but the last lbs are the hardest.
Heard about the 5-2 Diet featured on a BBC Horizon programme and so far, so good. It's easier for me to have two tough diet days (or easy fast days - my preferred viewpoint) and then eat what I like, compared to the daily diet slog. Am getting steady inch or lbs loss. Also exercising. The tools here are really helpful to hit my food targets and track the results.
But anything involving fasting would not be good for someone with a tendency to eating disorders, so, as ever, be careful if you are thinking of trying this - you really can eat what you like the other 5 days.
My fast day friends are a rice cake with runny egg and a smear of marmite, veg soup with no fat enriched with a little miso paste, plus quorn and lots of veg with a little goat's butter - totals just over the requisite 500 cals, which for a fast is quite generous. I'm averaging 1700-1800 cals on the other 5 days. Apparently this way of eating is closer to our evolutionary past and turbocharges the metabolism. Certainly feel good on it, but I do eat very healthily anyway with organic biodynamically grown veg, plus fish and eggs, goat and sheep's cheese and very little dairy fat and few biscuits, pastry, sweets or cake.