40-something & not on a diet!

Options
Hello! I'm pretty new to MFP but lost 40+ pounds prior to joining. I'm loving this site - it has really helped re-energize me and is giving me a plan & lots of inspiration for the next phase of the journey!

I'm looking for a few MFP pals in my age range who have (or had!) more than a few pounds to lose and are seriously committed to healthy change. For me this means a consistent, sustainable approach I can live with for the long run (i.e. eating my calories, losing slowly, working out, & and making room for the occasional treat). If you have similar goals and would like to add me, please do!

Best of luck to all - change happens!

Replies

• Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am with you. My goal is to not focus as much on the number on the scale. But commit to being healthy
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    welcome! i guess everyone is here for a reason. best wishes on your journey. one step at a time...you'll still reach your goal. just joined beginning of the year. this site has helped me greatly. so much information and it helps me keep myself accountable. i've done really well so far and i continue to push myself every day. it's a lifestyle journey for me, not a diet. i want to make a positive change in my future. i see it as an investment to my health...put a little into it everyday so i can enjoy the reward later on. i'm 41 (42 in july) and have 2 boys...just turned 19 dec 17th and other will be 14 jan 16th. you've done great so far...congrats on the 40+. stay positive and focus on making this a fun journey. it you don't enjoy it...you wont want to change. add me if you'd like. we all need motivation and support.
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far... wow!! You have the right attitude... change doesn't happen overnight. :smile: I like to think of this as a lifestyle change that I'll continue forever rather than a diet I can start or stop. Welcome to MFP!!
  • clhardy5
    clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm pretty new to MFP but lost 40+ pounds prior to joining. I'm loving this site - it has really helped re-energize me and is giving me a plan & lots of inspiration for the next phase of the journey!

I'm looking for a few MFP pals in my age range who have (or had!) more than a few pounds to lose and are seriously committed to healthy change. For me this means a consistent, sustainable approach I can live with for the long run (i.e. eating my calories, losing slowly, working out, & and making room for the occasional treat). If you have similar goals and would like to add me, please do!

Best of luck to all - change happens!

Thats me! I'm 40 something....and have a little less than 10 more pounds to lose....I'm doing is slowly by burning more than I'm eating. Exercising on a regular basis - and not beating myself up when I have an occasional treat. This is a life long process for me.

Carrie
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yup, that is about me too. I was debating between MFP and joining WW online, however this approach of counting the foods I eat and prepare was the best for me. I needed A LOT of help on portion control, and being accountable to how much extra snacking I was doing. I am about 1/2 way to my initial weight loss goal (though I could change it slightly along the way), and I have no intention of leaving this type of tracking behind. I think even when I get to my goal I will always have to track foods. This is my 106th consecutive day of logging 99.9% of the foods I eat and is absolutely a high light of my day making it work. Off to send a friend request, good luck!
  • Kimberley197222
    Kimberley197222 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, I just turned 40 and I had Lapband SX in March of 2012 and excited about my weight loss journey. Im also making it a point to focus on being healthy. I would love to get down to just a happy an healthy weight and what I love about mfp is that it makes you accountable to yourself. Also I go to monthly support group meetings. Support is so key when your making lifestyle changes. Have a great journey guys, my name is Kim and I'm always opened for encouragement or just chatting it up when you need some support . . . #we'reinthisthingtogether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Here for encouragement if you need it. "Its not about riding out the storm, its about dancing in the rain"! Stay positive :)
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Here for encouragement if you need it. "Its not about riding out the storm, its about dancing in the rain"! Stay positive :)
  • mary_bossard
    Options
    Count me in! I've often joked that I've been on a diet for 25 years, HA!

So done with that state of mind; insanity I suppose ;)
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    . "Its not about riding out the storm, its about dancing in the rain"!

Thanks to all for the great responses! It really makes a difference to know there are like-minded souls out there doing this with me. And I love the quote above^^.
  • uscdrj
    uscdrj Posts: 18
    Options
    Would love to join this 40 something group. Dedicated to losing sensibly and keeping it off permanently this time. No shake or other diets this time.....have been down that road before. Although it worked (twice), life always seemed to throw curve balls that got me off track and I would gain it back. Feels so much better eating healthy, doing cardio, lifting weights, and enjoying life!
  • Spikethered
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 so need to excercise most days to stop the middle age spread as they say . I don't really want to lose lots of weight , just a few kilos....my goal is getting fit and hope to do a half marathon in March , so often need motivating. Add me too if you like :-)
  • tfitz12
    tfitz12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.....
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me it sounds so much like me.