kale chips, sounds gross but taste delish you can even make your own
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Almonds, almonds, almonds.....

almonds
  • supergirljen
    Options
    Did anyone say Veggie Straws/Chips? YUM!
  • supergirljen
    Options
    Now most of you here are americans so you will understand what i say.... i love ****ing twinkies and beef jerky but they dont have that here like they got it in the states

WHERE are you? That you don't have beef jerky??
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i came here to say hummus as well. :) maybe you can also roast some nuts in seasonings?
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    To supplement the previous suggestions, I include things like Wasa Crackers (especially crisp 'n light) or the triscuit thins. You can top them with anything from cheese to veggies to smoked salmon. I also like snapea crisps (unlike potato chips, I can stop at one serving). If you have a microwave, you can pop corn in a paper bag and spritz it with olive oil and your favorite spices. They also have all different shapes of rice, kamut and other grain "cakes". I only like the thin ones -with peanut butter, cream cheese and cucumber, or anything you'd put on a sandwich. I also like a corn tortilla rolled up with some refried beans and salsa. They also have sandwich thins which I like as toast with whatever sounds good when I'm toasting them-peanut butter and banana, peanut butter and thinly sliced apple. Truthfully, I usually eat either pistachios or almonds everyday since they're quick to eat and fill me up.
  • ipadslimmer
    Options
    I like both sweet and savory.....but I would suggest that you try Baby Bel light cheese rounds, they are 50 calories each and are delicious. You could pair them with any number of light crackers, where 5 or 6 crackers are 70 calories.....you should also try almonds, especially Marcona almonds from Costco; 28 nuts are 170 calories and they are tasty and have energy and fiber which keep you which keep you satisfied until the next snack in a couple hours. Enjoy.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    reduced fat crackers and goat cheese

LF cottage cheese & grape tomatoes

all types of hummus & veggies

roasted veggies & chick peas

pistachios
  • Jessalotts
    Options
    Awesome ideas thank you!
    Definitely looking at a popcorn maker - they look amazing and forgot I liked houmous etc. It's just rmemebering these things when it's so easy to just grab a slice of bread/cheese!!

Thanks everyone :)
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i eat pretzels & hummus quite often. I just count out the serving size, 32 sticks for 110 calories, for the kind I buy + the hummus. Yummy!
  • gamboar9
    Options
    Hard pretzels are good. I like Clancy's Honey Wheat pretzels myself. Not too high in calories and low in fat too.
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    Pretzels dipped in dijon or honey mustard. Yum!
  • Jessalotts
    Options
    I'm so gonna get some pretzels - LOVE mustard too!!
  • Jenne1979
    Jenne1979 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I make my own pita chips...take one pita bread and cut into 16 pieces...toss in a bog bowl with 1 tbsp calorie wise italian dressing and what ever other seasoning you love and crave ( i always add chili powder and Salt and pepper). Bake low and slow in a singe layer and turn once the first side is golden then bake until golden on both sides....it usually takes about 20-25 minutes at 300 degrees. Enjoy as is or with a sensible portion of salsa or hummus!
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Tofutti Cream Cheese (which is the Vegan equivalent of cream cheese) solves my salty cravings. I'm not a vegan, but I used this stuff to make Veggie Pizza for a friend of mine. I immediately noticed that it seemed extra salty. 2 Tbsps are 60 calories. You can dip carrots or celery in it for not a lot of extra calories and get both crunch and saltiness.